AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - several years ago i was and i think othger were scared to buy large items like tvs online. how has it gone for people today? I am looking at a 47" from butterfly photo.

any input would be appreciated.

Anthony

·
Banned
1,292 Posts
Loved dealing with East Coast TV. Best prices I've found anywhere and you don't even have to pay until the TV is in the home and inspected by the buyer. They even provided a free HDMI cable. They'll always be my first stop going forward.

·
Registered
477 Posts
The key consideration is the level of risk you are willing to assume. Some B&M retailers have a liberal return policy within 30 to 90 days, and this goes a long way towards mitigating risk, in the event the TV is not going to work out for you. But the purchase may cost you more than online.

Depending on the return policy of the online retailer, it may not be so easy to return the TV. Can you live with a dead or bright defective pixel or two, or restocking fee? Some retailers particularly online, may not allow return for this type of defect. Just be sure to read the fine print of the return policy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I heard that if the site isn't an "authorized dealer" then the manufacture doesn't support the warranty, so as long as its a trustworthy site with a decent amount of people buying from them it should all right and you sure can find them cheaper on line then the store.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.