AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am looking for a solution. I would like to run my whole system with one remote. I am using a wireless airboard , and a couple others now. Looking for something better than the Radeon All in wonder remote. I would prefer a backlit unit. Are there any other choices?? If not can anyone using the Radeon let me know how they like it? The remote must have a mouse function ...Thanks...AL...

·
Registered
168 Posts
I too am looking for this type of solution. Right now I'm considering the Gyration Ultra keyboard/air mouse suite for ~$90. This is just a mouse though... no remote type functionality.

I would like to have something that is a normal remote control device with a little joystick and buttons in the middle that can be used as a mouse... Is that too much to ask for?????

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently got the AIW8500DV which came with the ATI remote.

It works ok. I find the buttons require an annoying amount of force to press them compared to any other remote. You need to press hard and straight or nothing happens. The mouse function isn't bad, but if I need to move precisly, I find myself using the touchpad in the Logitech wireless keyboard and touchpad combo.

Haven't tried using the remote through walls, which ATi claims works.

I guess on a 1-10 scale, I'd give it a 7 or 8. It does what is promised, but doesn't have a great feel to the remote.

BTW, the install was a bit touchy in that it didn't recognize the remote receiver until I went into the control panel of W2k and reinstalled the driver.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.