AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
50% music and 50% movies, I wondering what are some good Floor standers for $300 a pair, I was going to get bookshelves but I keep getting this upgrading bug every time I look at this forum lol.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I was looking at the polk monitor series and I was wondering, which one is best for music monitor 50, 60, or 70. What is the best surrounds that go with them.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
the Monitor 70's could be considered the the preferred speakers for music. And since you mentioned music as an option, the surrounds should match...so you are looking at Monitor 30's or Monitor 40's (may be hard to find now, the sale prices were so good they were snapped up quickly) If you are considering pulling the trigger on Monitor's, don't wait long. Many of the sources like Amazon.com and to an extent Newegg.com are already sold out of many models and veneer finishes.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I believe TSTO had some Mordaunt-Short floor standers for around $300. Those are nice-sounding speakers.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
KEF iQ7 at Vann's for $250 a pair ($300 for black...).

·
Registered
3,575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/15511714

The iQ7's are sold individually, so that's $250 each!

Oooops, my bad.

The iQ5's get closer to budget ($360 in walnut or $400 for black).

I know they're "just" bookshelf, but the iQ3's are $250 for a pair...

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I had bought the Monitor 50's from Frys and then scored 2 P362's from EBay and tested them.....

Long story short, I kept the P362's and returned the M50's back to Frys. So +1 for the P362's at $120 each.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts