AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i've read through changing the B550s to 560s to enable Cinema Smooth on the '09 Sammys...

i own a 2010 PN63C590 and inside the Service Menu, I can also change the model to a 670, 6100, 6400, 6500, 7000, 7700, 8000.

so, is there any benefit to changing the 590 to another model number? I have Cinema Mode, but will it turn on other features? like maybe a hidden CMS somewhere? that would be great.

anyone try this on theirs?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
gonna go try it and see what happens, wish me luck....

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, i went through the other models, and it looks like it cripples the set to only display dynamic mode....and didn't introduce any other settings. maybe because the 6000 and up are 3d models.......

i was able to choose the 670, but it didn't have anything different that I noticed so i kept it at 590....

but since I got the set for less than the 550 at the time, i can't complain.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
.. appears, as you've relayed, that going into the 6k/7k series, it would not engage any 3D advantages. My searching (googling) found the C670 model in 50" only & was a PS designation, which is EU spec's.

Best to not tinker with this function, it seems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.