• NBA Finals, Conference Finals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NASCAR, Daytona 500, Brickyard 400, Chase for the Cup

• Stanley Cup Finals, Conference Finals

• Olympics

• TV Series - Season or series finale (Lost, CSI, Americal Idol, etc.)

• Tennis - US Open, Austrailian Open, Wimbledon, French Open

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was thinking about 'sticking' the PGA topic, I started to wonder, what topics really need to be stuck? I've always tried to pick events/programs that seem to have a wide interest, and are well participated in.

Some events, like the Super Bowl, are ringers, while others are less obvious. So, I'd like to see what the forum thinks. Please vote in the poll, and post specific comments as to what you think. You can vote more than once, and feel free to post options not listed in the poll, which is limited to 10 choices.

Thanks again for participating at AVS.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Other options include State Of The Union, boxing, soccer.....

·
Registered
45,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by steverobertson /forum/post/17000411

How about CFB championship game or even just CFB in general.

Yes, BCS games, other bowl games, and key matchups.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken H /forum/post/17000438

Yes, BCS games, other bowl games, and key matchups.

Ken,

On another note I will need to pick your brain as I will be out for the frozen 4 in April so any direction you can give me will be appreciated

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
How would you measure this? Super Bowl seems to have driven HDTV sales if the reporting was accurate.

·
Registered
45,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAF /forum/post/17000499

How would you measure this? Super Bowl seems to have driven HDTV sales if the reporting was accurate.

I'm looking for forum consensus. The other way would be ratings, which were considered in creating the poll.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken H /forum/post/17000908

I'm looking for forum consensus. The other way would be ratings, which were considered in creating the poll.

You may need to refine the question. Is it the event, or the HD aspect of the event? Is it simply numbers, or prestige?

Interesting poll either way.

·
Registered
45,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
45,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What I will probably do, is to revamp the poll after some of the lessor poll options are out voted in the topic. For example, perhaps college football will surpass the award shows.

Or maybe I'll have a run off poll for options not in the current poll, and then do a final run off.

The problem is only 10 poll options at any given time.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Going by ratings, the top 10 events of the last 10 years were the 10 Super Bowl games.

Maybe one poll for sports and another poll for everything else?

edit:

If you did a separate poll for sports, you could add the Tour de France and the Triple Crown horse races.

Some non-sports events that I thought of:

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

Christmas tree lighting at Rockefeller Center

Space shuttle launches

It's hard to think of non-sports events.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Ater watching my first SB in HD, I went out and bought my first HD set.. HD and the Superbowl go hand in hand. I was very surprised at the rating of NASCAR.. I thought it was a bigger HD event..A good idea of above poster is to separate sports and regular shows

·
Registered
45,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfergie /forum/post/17004882

I voted Superbowl, but the Grammy's the year that Simon and Garfunkel sang stick's in my mind...

That's why you can vote for more than one option.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
I'd say any WWE special - isn't that what HD was really created for?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts