AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Sony KDL-46W3000 has an annoying vertical green and red lines on the right side of the screen. It goes away after 20 minutes or so, but I figure I better do something before it gets worse. I was told to replace the t-con board. Then I was told the panel is going out. Has anyone else had this?

·
Registered
218 Posts
It could be the Tcon, but it could also be the panel. Which is why you were told both. You could try the Tcon (if it is available separately). But it might not fix the problem. Since it isn't persistent and goes away after a bit, I would guess the TCon. But as I said, it could still be the ribbons connecting to the panel from the tcon or the connections to the panel itself.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
unfortunately I have this on my Samsung 850 LCD.

As FD said; it is probably the panel connections either at the local vertical strip panel level or possibly at the entire panel. Basically if it is not a Tconnector it is the panel, which means it will die at some point, but only at that local area.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingtravler /forum/post/20769150

unfortunately I have this on my Samsung 850 LCD.

As FD said; it is probably the panel connections either at the local vertical strip panel level or possibly at the entire panel. Basically if it is not a Tconnector it is the panel, which means it will die at some point, but only at that local area.

So what are you going to do to fix your Samsung?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I have not done anything yet as I am out of warranty. I have justed started to do research as to if it can be fixed for a reasonable price or weather the only real answer is to buy a new panel.

If you are under warranty call right now!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope, just ran out. And Sony is absolutely THE WORST customer service I have ever seen. I'm still trying to get a replacement, but all they'll do is offer a discount an a new TV, what a joke!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I checked and there is a huge multi company authorized service center in Denver with a 4 day turnaround. I plan on calling them, but they are $225 plus parts... if the part is the panel I just wasted a lot of money so hopefully they will be able to tell me something over the phone before I bring it in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Something similar is happening on a friend's Bravia (see attached photo). It is a KDL-40V4100. I haven't seen it in person, but she sent me the photo. Does anyone think its possibly a loose connector that could be reattached by opening the case? The LCD is maybe 2-years old and out-of-warranty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.