AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What speakers/company offerings are you excited to see or anticipating for CES 2009?

I personally cant wait to see what Magnepan has up their sleeve!

·
Premium Member
5,900 Posts
I am so excited that for the first time in 28 years, I'm not attending. Triad doesn't even have a booth this year. We didn't get whacked nearly as bad as most speaker companies in 2008, but I could think of better ways to use $80,000 in this economy. We'll be at CEDIA, of course.

Have fun, and report back on what you see. And I hope there are some new kewl Maggies for you.

·
Registered
11,443 Posts
I am excited to learn of the new standardized form of measurements and speaker design. Oh wait, I am dreaming again.
At least Floyd Toole is working on it...

·
Registered
15,020 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Scarpelli /forum/post/15486529

I am so excited that for the first time in 28 years, I'm not attending. Triad doesn't even have a booth this year. We didn't get whacked nearly as bad as most speaker companies in 2008, but I could think of better ways to use $80,000 in this economy. We'll be at CEDIA, of course.

Have fun, and report back on what you see. And I hope there are some new kewl Maggies for you.

Paul....I am sure you know that there are more than a few companies that have decided to skip CES for the same reasons.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Who else is at CES this year? I would love to own some magico speakers for two channel music, so I want to see what they've been working on.

Hi Paul. What can we expect from Triad at CEDIA? My dream theater would be filled with In-room platinum LCRs, but what else are you working on?

If I won the lottery, my house would be filled with speakers, amps and processors!

·
Premium Member
5,900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbuudo07 /forum/post/15489219

Hi Paul. What can we expect from Triad at CEDIA? My dream theater would be filled with In-room platinum LCRs, but what else are you working on?

You need to scroll up to the part where I just said we won't be there this year.
Actually, we'll have a tiny section of Control4, manned by Mike Budd. We may have an example of the forthcoming new subs, and probably an OnWall Mini LCR 3.0 ($3,000 all-in-one LCR).

CEDIA is our big show; not CES. I'll be walking the show on Thursday, so if you see me, rattle my cage. I look just like the guy in my avatar, only less happy.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Scarpelli /forum/post/15489821

You need to scroll up to the part where I just said we won't be there this year.

CEDIA is our big show; not CES.

His DID say CEDIA......

·
Premium Member
5,900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favelle /forum/post/15491161

His DID say CEDIA......

Good catch. My bad.

Too soon to tell what we'll show at CEDIA, but I expect a glut of new products.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Scarpelli /forum/post/15494164

Good catch. My bad.

Too soon to tell what we'll show at CEDIA, but I expect a glut of new products.

What dates does CEDIA run from? This should be another exciting year for electronics! And prices, given the state of the economy.....

·
Vendor
32,801 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Scarpelli /forum/post/15486529

We didn't get whacked nearly as bad as most speaker companies in 2008, but I could think of better ways to use $80,000 in this economy. We'll be at CEDIA, of course.

80 grand at least. LG, Panasonic, and Samsung spend alot more than that. I wonder how much they invested, I was there I would say a million each at least?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts