AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, I'm in the process of re-ripping my CD's to Lossless formats to take advantage or a great sounding set of speakers I've recently purchased. I've really re discovered my love of some albums - and it occurs to me that some albums are just MEANT to be listened to in surround ( apologies to 2 channel only fundamentalists
) .. Here's my top 5 so far - What's everyone got on their best of list to take advantage of their setup?

1. Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral

2. Radiohead - O.k. Computer

3. Elliot Smith - Figure 8 ( surprisingly! )

4. Moby - Play

5. Depeche Mode - Violator

Obviously Dark Side of the Moon is PROBABLY just ridiculously awesome - just haven't sampled it with this set up yet!

Looking forward to your suggestions!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Grooving to Steve Hackett Genesis Revisited II in 88/24 FLAC format using Dolby PL II - Music

Another great album is Alan Parsons Stereotomy, as it was originally mixed with Ambisonics. I use a FooBar2000 plug-in to decode ambisonics and feed my processor via HDMI

My system is optimized for multichannel audio, so these matrixed 2ch approaches sound pretty good. But awesome is anything on DTS-MA on BluRays, God, that's incredible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.