AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will have 4 zones of lighting for my HT when it's done(recessed lights in the soffits, recessed in a tray above the couch, recessed lights in the ceiling, and a plug for rope lights in the rim around the perimeter of the ceiling). I was just wondering what "scenes" people are using when they watch a movie. I have the Lutron spacer dimmers so, for example, when the movie is playing what lights and how much do you have them dimmed? I assume that when the movie is off, everything is full bright? Since I can have 4 "scenes" what other scenarios would I consider?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read these threads where people have installed sconces, lights in the floor, under the stage, around the ceiling etc. I would like to know what scenarios they use when they program the lights. For example, druing the movie are your sconces at 10% brightness, the floor lights at 10% brightness and the rope lights in the ceiling at 20% etc?. Then is you pause the movie do you turn the ceiling lights up to 50% etc?

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
I have 11 different zones, covering my main seating area and game area ceilings and soffits, as well as wall sconces, bar lighting, entry way lighting, and light tray ropes.

My scenes are:

-On: All lights (except light trays) @50%.

-Movie: Rope lights @35%, sconces @5%, all else off.

-Intermission: Sconces @50%, rope lights @75%, Bar lights @60%

-Games: Rope lights @35%, sconces @5%, game areas @60%, all else off.

-Bright: All @100% (used primarily for cleaning/maintenance)

-Off: All off.

With my lighting layout , color, and fixture selection, I can have the game/bar areas lit well and still have a very dark region for the screen and seating.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seascare,

Do you have the Lutron system? So those are your 4 "scenes" plus on & off?

·
Registered
751 Posts
I have a GE 3106, which has six zones and four scenes. My zones are as follows:

-track lights to light up the projection screen

-sconces in the seating area

-can lights in the seating area

-can lights behind the seating area

-can light with eyeball trim to light up a framed poster on the wall

-kids' playroom can lights

My scenes are as follows:

1: everything on with full brightness

2: kids' playroom lights on full, everything else off

3: (party scene) kids' playroom lights on full, portrait light on full, track lights off, sconces around 25% of full brightness, seating can lights around 25% of full brightness, and behind-the-seating can lights around 25% of full brightness

4: (movie watching scene) kids' playroom lights off, portrait light off, track lights off, sconces around 10% of full brightness, seating can lights around 5% of full brightness, and behind-the-seating can lights around 5% of full brightness

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.