AVS Forum banner

14301 - 14320 of 14823 Posts

·
Registered
2,421 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Anyone know of a good Bad Company high res disc? SACD, DVD Audio, Blu Ray audio....

·
Registered
14,656 Posts
Reactions: captainbrent

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Anyone know of a good Bad Company high res disc? SACD, DVD Audio, Blu Ray audio....

If you can get it for a decent price, this is awesome...video included, free of charge! ;)

Paul Rodgers is, without doubt, one of rocks greatest front men!

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
There are 2 more Bad Company Blu rays.......Hard Rock Live[which is also pretty good]and Live At Red Rocks[which I don't have]

·
Registered
970 Posts
Thanks. Was hoping to just find the studio recordings in High Res. Didn't see anything in some quick searches so thought I would ask here.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Motorhead: Ace Of Spades (Dual Disc/DVDA 5.1)

Review??? Is it any good? Better than the cd? Only other metal high res I have is Megadeth Peace Sells on DVDA. But I think it sucks, super harsh. I was so bummed, one of my favorite albums.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Review??? Is it any good? Better than the cd? Only other metal high res I have is Megadeth Peace Sells on DVDA. But I think it sucks, super harsh. I was so bummed, one of my favorite albums.
It just shipped media mail today so I won't get it for a bit. It's a Sliverline release but is generally very well reviewed. Remember, everything sounds better in surround.

Check out the stereo layer of Megadeths DVD Audio. It's slamming.

Other titles you may want to consider:

Ayreon: The Source
Ayreon: Into The Electric Castle
Ayreon: Actual Fantasy Revisited
Black Sabbath: Paranoid (Deluxe Edition)
Corrosion Of Conformity: America's Volume Dealer
Deep Purple: Machine Head
Deep Purple: Stormbringer
Dream Theatre: Systematic Chaos
Dream Theatre: Self Titled
Foo Fighters: One By One
Godsmack: The Other Side
Guns N Roses: Appetite For Destruction
HammerFall: Chapter V: Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken
Insane Clown Posse: The Wraith
Iron Madien: Dance of The Dead
Linkin Park: Reanimation
MegaDeth: Peace Sells
Metallica: The Black Album
Nightwish: Once
Nine Inch Nails: Downward Spiral
Nine Inch Nails: With Teeth
The OffSpring: Greatest Hits
Opeth: Deliverance & Damnation
Pelagial: The Ocean
Queensryche: Empire
Soundgarden: Bad Motor Finger
Stone Temple Pilots: Core
Stratovarious: Elements Pt. 1 & 2
Sympathy X: Paradise Lost
Temple of the Dog: Self Titled

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
@weekendtoy - Thanks for posting that list.

I hadn't known of Core being available in Multi-channel.

Just ordered!

Attachments

Reactions: weekendtoy

·
Registered
970 Posts
It just shipped media mail today so I won't get it for a bit. It's a Sliverline release but is generally very well reviewed. Remember, everything sounds better in surround.

Check out the stereo layer of Megadeths DVD Audio. It's slamming.
For me, it is case by case. For example, Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon SACD, Perfection. By far my favorite example of what High Res audio should be. Same with Nora Jones Come Away with me on sacd. Both are multi channel or stereo and I prefer the MC tracks. Yet, Foreigner 4 on DVDA, I prefer the stereo tracks over the MC. I go with what sounds better to me on my system. That Megadeth disc though, either the stereo or MC tracks flat out suck on my system. Playing the cd version through my TriVista tube dac sounds better to me. But, it's been years so will give it another listen. Wish Iron Maiden offered more than the one disc, which happens to be one of the few discs they made that I'm not too fond of! Would also love to see Rush get their albums out there in hi res. 2112 would be awesome if they did it right. But looking at current pricing on high res, starting to stop collecting. But some discs I will have to buy. Is Pink Floyd The Wall available?

·
Registered
14,656 Posts
Is Pink Floyd The Wall available?
There is no multichannel mix of The Wall (studio album). There was talk from James Guthrie about his work on a multichannel mix and a release on SACD. That was quite awhile ago and so far no announcement of a release of The Wall on SACD.

Bill

14301 - 14320 of 14823 Posts