AVS Forum banner

14801 - 14820 of 14823 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Talking Heads Stop Making Sense bluray 5.1 surround. (Concert visual onscreen) .The suns going down,the volume is up,the beer is chilled. Sounds so clear.great vocals,kick drum and Tina Weymouth on bass . Great disc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I purchased that disc a couple of months ago. I was so pleased with the SQ. I passed it by some many times before finally purchasing. I should have purchased this a long time ago. Oh well, better late than never.:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Another Aussie pub band from he 80’s. The DVD is stereo (Dolby digital stereo 48k) has 39 songs and I’m a fan of 30 odd of them. First band I saw live aside from my graduation/prom.australian drinking age 18,my age at the time-17 but I was tall.excellent live show. Guitars,say no more

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I went to many Angels pub gigs back in the day, best pub rock band ever I reckon.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Todd Rundgren ‎– Something / Anything? SACD
I just got this one as well along with Dylan's Greatest Hits Vol 1 and Blood on the Track. Because my wife and I are working at home and seemingly joined at the hip, I haven't been able to give Todd's SACD a proper listen, But I'm looking forward to it.
Cheers!
D

·
Wireless member
27,109 Posts
Not hi-res, but Todd-y ... try and find Todd With A Twist. It’s him redoing some of his songs as Lounge Music.

Reactions: JA Fant

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Reactions: Tornado Red

·
Registered
3,550 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
The Alicia Keys album was on my radar for some time. Only recently I was able to score a good copy off of Discogs for a decent price.
Yeah I did a search and did not like the prices. I'll keep my eye out and hope that it drops a little more.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Alicia Keys: Songs In A Minor (DVDA 5.1)

The Alicia Keys album was on my radar for some time. Only recently I was able to score a good copy off of Discogs for a decent price.
I'd love to have that in my collection.
I've had this DVD-A since it first came out and have played it a lot! I actually got into DVD-A's before I started collecting SACD's so I have quite a few of them. This debut album has some really tight hard hitting bass on some of the tracks and one of my favorite tracks is "Fallin"

The entire album sounds quite nice and makes great addition to anybody's surround collection.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Wow. Something else cool for late summer. Goat's Head Soup Super Deluxe Edition including Blu-ray with Atmos, 96/24 DTS-HD 5.1, and 96/24 LPCM two-channel.

https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/152655/The_Rolling_Stones-Goats_Head_Soup-CD

Morgan
I've strangely never gotten into the Stones, and thus can't see spending $150 for this. However, I would spend $30-$40 to check out that Atmos mix! Who knows, maybe that would be just the ticket to turn me into a fan.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I've strangely never gotten into the Stones, and thus can't see spending $150 for this. However, I would spend $30-$40 to check out that Atmos mix! Who knows, maybe that would be just the ticket to turn me into a fan.

I love the Stones but find their recordings to be a bit limiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
231 Posts
I would give this a try. Very impressed with it and a much better value IMHO.

Attachments

14801 - 14820 of 14823 Posts