AVS Forum banner

10101 - 10120 of 14843 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Just got mine as well. Just sent an email to both the merchant and B&N. Anyone know anything about this disk. It was done by the Warner remasters series.

I apologize for the bad information on this one. I guess if something is too good to be true... I ended up keeping my copy as I didn't previously have this disc.

On a more positive note I just picked up Talking Heads: Speaking in Tongues, DVD-A duel disc

If you don't have any of the Talking Heads DVD-A's you really owe it to yourself to pick one up. They are really well done and the music has a lot of layers to it which lends itself well to multi-channel.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi there,
I thought I'd share this new release that I haven't seen mentioned here yet. It's "LEGEND the best of BOB MARLEY and the WAILERS - 30th Anniversary Deluxe Edition (CD + Blu-Ray Audio Disc)" This is a new release (July 1, 2014) and the Blu-Ray disc is mixed in 5.1!!! (unlike the earlier Blu-Ray Audio release).

"Coupled with the original release of LEGEND on CD, this deluxe version features this iconic collection entirely mixed in 5.1 by the GRAMMY® Award winning producer Bob Clearmountain on Blu-Ray Pure Audio Disc"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K6D20UE

It's available on Amazon... for $27.88
My order is listed as Out for delivery! I'll be Jammin' tonight!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Just picked up Audio Fidelity:

Alice Cooper "Billion Dollar Babies"

Boz Scaggs "Boz Scaggs"

Got them from ImportCDs for under $20 for AC and under $16 for BS. Had to pick em up for that price.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Hi there,
I thought I'd share this new release that I haven't seen mentioned here yet. It's "LEGEND the best of BOB MARLEY and the WAILERS - 30th Anniversary Deluxe Edition (CD + Blu-Ray Audio Disc)" This is a new release (July 1, 2014) and the Blu-Ray disc is mixed in 5.1!!! (unlike the earlier Blu-Ray Audio release).

"Coupled with the original release of LEGEND on CD, this deluxe version features this iconic collection entirely mixed in 5.1 by the GRAMMY® Award winning producer Bob Clearmountain on Blu-Ray Pure Audio Disc"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K6D20UE

It's available on Amazon... for $27.88
My order is listed as Out for delivery! I'll be Jammin' tonight!
For anyone else who's interested, the 'stereo' Bob Marley Blu-ray audio disc's can be found here...

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Coming in August from Japan Warner Music....

Cardboard sleeve reissue from YES features SACD Hybrid, track listing in the original order, 2013 DSD remastering, and 7-inch-sized cardboard sleeve. Comes with a description and lyrics. This series features the following albums "YES," "Time And A Word," "The Yes Album," "Fragile," "Close To The Edge," "Yessongs [Live]," "Tales From Topographic Oceans," "Relayer," "Going For The One," "Tormato," "Drama," "90125," and "Big Generator."

·
Registered
229 Posts
Just ordered off E-Bay Yes SACD's- Big Generator, Tormato and Drama.....

Off Amazon The Who Quadrophenia Blu Ray and RUSH- Presto SACD......

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Man I haven't been keeping up with the Yes releases at all. I have the original Fragile DVD-A and the Audio Fidelity SACD of CTTE. I totally missed the YES album BD. So is the CD included with the CTTE BD the same mix as the SACD? I suspect I already know the answer (especially with this group) but is the CTTE multi-channel mix worth it over the SACD?

·
Wireless member
27,111 Posts
Man I haven't been keeping up with the Yes releases at all. I have the original Fragile DVD-A and the Audio Fidelity SACD of CTTE. I totally missed the YES album BD. So is the CD included with the CTTE BD the same mix as the SACD? I suspect I already know the answer (especially with this group) but is the CTTE multi-channel mix worth it over the SACD?
Over a stereo SACD? With today's technology, a remixed 5.1 SACD - the only way to get a 5.1 for an album originally released in stereo - should always have better sound quality than a remastered stereo SACD. The few remixed that I know of (by SW) stereo SACD/DVD-A should be of equal sound quality to a 5.1.

Jeff

Reactions: CygnusX2112

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Thanks Jeff - I'll likely spring for the CTTE BD even though I've bought that album several times now.

On another positive note I just got an Email saying my Quadrophenia BD shipped. I should have it Tuesday although I occasionally get my Amazon stuff a day early.

·
Wireless member
27,111 Posts
Let us know how Quadrophenia sounds!

Reactions: tomrowe125

·
Registered
430 Posts
Just purchased the RUSH Presto SACD. :) I am going to be a sucker for any RUSH Hi Rez releases I think....

Reactions: CygnusX2112

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just purchased the RUSH Presto SACD. :) I am going to be a sucker for any RUSH Hi Rez releases I think....
If you like Rush there are a few on E-bay, 2112 Moving Pictures even a box set and all in dvd audio. I'm also a huge Rush fan I also picked them up on ebay a farewell to kings, Fly by night, signals, Moving pictures, 2112 all 5.1. Love the song Time Stand Still.

10101 - 10120 of 14843 Posts