AVS Forum banner

14881 - 14900 of 14925 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #14,884
Arrived yesterday: Doobie Brothers Quadio set, haven't heard it yet. Ya gotta snap stuff up, it disappears. Coldplay is now like $100...and my favorite Russian bootleggers have disappeared from eBay...😭
Yep, the new Tears for Fears set appears to already be sold out.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Another excellent Stan Getz SACD is Pure Getz which is stereo and multichannel
Ooohhh...

Meanwhile my most recent purchase is the so-far (Toulouse Street) excellent Doobie Brothers Quadio box. Already worth what I paid for it! Jump all over this, peeps! Similar to Chicago's Quadio box the tapes seem to have not been used much and the sound is very clear. I was a bit surprised to not miss the center channel too much (especially compared to the next title which I cannot bring to mind, where the vocals were ONLY hard panned to the center and I actually did not like that as much as I would have thought, a tad distracting). This is not a rear-channel-shy mix, obviously they wanted buyers to hear they had bought quad. That said, it worked for us, a good amount of content in the back but nothing ridiculous.

I can't wait to hear the other discs, and in particular to compare/contrast The Captain And Me versus to wonderful and clear DVD-Audio release. I also hope against hope that the first album and then the rest would get remixed into multichannel. 5 channels of Michael McDonald, the Earth might explode from too much resonance!

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I looked for information on Roger Waters Us + Them Blu-ray and found no information as far as the audio codecs offered. I tried zooming in on back cover of the Blu-ray case and did not see any audio codec information. Odd how one member says it doesn't have an Atmos option and another says it does.
HAPPY NEW YEAR! BILL MAC

which CD/SACD are you using in your current system? :)

·
Registered
14,745 Posts
HAPPY NEW YEAR! BILL MAC

which CD/SACD are you using in your current system? :)
Happy New Year to you as well JA!

Are you referring to CD/SACD players? If so in my main system its a Oppo 103 (HDMI) for multi-channel music and a 205 (XLR) for stereo music. In a small bedroom system it's a 105 (stereo only).

Reactions: drh3b and RagtopFE

·
Registered
627 Posts
1875-MAR0599D-rachmaninov-piano-concerto-no-2-prokofiev-piano-concerto-no-2-dsd64-5ch from NativeDSD
(I already posted this, but don't know how to delete my post).

·
Premium Member
This spot for sale or rent.
5,538 Posts
1875-MAR0599D-rachmaninov-piano-concerto-no-2-prokofiev-piano-concerto-no-2-dsd64-5ch from NativeDSD
(I already posted this, but don't know how to delete my post).
You can report your post to the mods and request that they delete it.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Took over a month to get here, but worth the wait.

·
Registered
14,745 Posts
Patricia Barber Higher SACD... stereo and 5.1.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Patricia Barber Higher SACD... stereo and 5.1.

I forgot about this one. I need to get this.

Was elusive disc the best price?

·
Registered
14,745 Posts
I forgot about this one. I need to get this.

Was elusive disc the best price?
I looked and the only places that have it are Elusive Disc and Acoustic Sounds. I choose Elusive Disc as their shipping was less expensive.

Reactions: weekendtoy
14881 - 14900 of 14925 Posts