AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who have calibrated their displays so that it is not too bright and not too dark, but just right....

1) what is your PICTURE(Contrast/White Level) setting?

2) what is your BRIGHTNESS(Black Level) setting?

3) do you watch in no, low, medium or bright room lighting?

4) TV?

Mine is something like:

1) Picture: 40%

2) Brightness: 50%

3) Lighting: low

4) Sony Wega XBR450

Mine is not just right yet, that's why I'm asking this question. AVIA leaves lots of room to fudge. I find that some scenes are too bright and some are too dark, like Dark City and TPM. I know I'm not supposed to see every dark detail, but it really looks to me that I'm not seeing enough detail in certain scenes like in TPM, when they go through the planet core for instance. And at the same time the bright scenes of the Naboo city aren't entirely easy on the eyes.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Are all these settings with the Velocity Scan Modulation on/off? The SVM has a lot do do with lightness or darkness of movie.

:)

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Contrast at 20% when using DVD, when using vhs tape 0%

Dark level 50%-55%

No lights on at all

Sharpness at 30% DVD, Vhs 5%

HDTV RCA F-38310JX4 owned 11.9 months

I'm crippled so TV is on from 9 AM to 1 AM 7 days a week 365 days a year, I get *out* about 6 *2* Hour days a year! :)

O/T Browsing on net I listen to movie soundtracks via 2 CD mega changers and radioshack #42-2108, to dolby decoder 5 sounds into headphones. Being online is a silent world, filled with music I choose to listen to. I have 19 inches of height and 33.75 inches of width, for the biggest computer monitor in 16 X 9 format Direct Tube in the world!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.