AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When connecting a 169 modified DTC100 to a JVC30000 what type of audio signal can be passed by firewire to the JVC.

I am passing all audio signal except HBO HD from cablevision via 8vsb, MSG and FOX HD are Passed OK.

LJG

·
Premium Member
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jerry G.:

Thanks for the reply.

I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure this out.

All the NY cable HD stations EXCEPT HBO HD pass thru a signal, my Casablanca 2 can not lock into any signal at all when the JVC is either monitoring the signal via DTC 100 or taping via DTC100 8vsb.

LJG

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Yup. The more I think about it, there is an incompatibility between the way the HBO audio signal is passed by the cable company and the JVC's ability to process that audio signal. That has to be why my Men In Black tape (which I'll bet was made on the same cable system that you are on) has no audio when played on the JVC but does when played on the Panny HD1000. I'll bet that if you could borrow a Panny HD1000, you'd get sound on your HBO recordings.

I'm going to bet that this is a JVC bug. I sure hope some JVC person reads this and can give some attention to this problem.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
If someone supplies me with a small capture (10 seconds or so) of the transport stream I can take a look and see if it's something simple, such as a weird PID for the sound, etc.

In that case one can write a simple computer program that can fix the sound by moving it to a different PID.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.