AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the Sony BDP-S370 and it doesn't like any of my Xvid/AVI files. It plays MP3 and Photos fine, but I really need to find a good Blu-ray (or even a roku box equivalent) that will play these from from server while riding my indoor bike trainer. I'm tired of using my laptop and would like to use my bigger TV and have a Blu-ray player do this. I'm also open to sugguestions on roku or apple TV boxes. Baically I want to hook up something to my TV to access these xvid/AVI files from my Windows Home Server. Blu-ray preferred but will consider streaming appliance.

THANKS!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
let me cut to the chase. I have a new sony BDP-S370 that doesn't want to play my encoded xvid/avi files. What entry level Blu-ray player will stream these from my server? LG S550?

Just need to know who else does this from their blu-ray. Looking for something on sale for around $100.

thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
like what? roku? or something like that? I figured for about 100 bucks I could get a blu-ray that could do this plus play netflix, etc. I don't use the blu-ray primarily but it would simply be a bonus should i need it.

what media player do you suggest besides PS3 and XBOX which I have too many of already in other places in my house.

$100 is my budget.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts