81 - 82 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
7,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight4yu /forum/post/21008000

kg,

you can also download CalMAN and have a feel of how the software work. It won't work on an actual meter of course, but just a simulated one. However, you will get a feel of the workflow, the button, properties, create your page etc...

To me, the best you can start off is get a used i1D2 and HCFR (this is like using REW and RS meter)... Then, if you believe this hobby is for you, then you are like most of us, dig deeper into higher-end colorimeter (and also spectrometer), more advance features like auto-calibration etc... and then you probably are still not satisfied and then come back to the forum every day to see if there is anything new, or show us your nice graph/result and be pleased. BTW, it really give you a sense of satisfaction when you see you have done near perfect grayscale and CMS (even though going from dE 2.0 to dE 0.2 probably does nothing to your already amazing pics
).

Thanx, i'll keep all this in mind

·
Registered
322 Posts
A little update...and small but significant change of plans....

Finally made it home last night, way behind schedule. I took a quick peek at the big river for a display2 or LT to get one on order. A few weeks ago, the 2 was actually cheaper then the LT and was less then a C note. Now it appears the 2 is 20% more then what it was, and about $10 higher then the LT. Since the primary reason to pick up a meter is for the computer monitors, the 2 would of been more desirable obviously, and when it was cheaper, that was a no brainer. Between that and seeing several recent reviews complaining about strong red bias with the 2, I ended up closing out of that and would have to decide between the 2 or LT. Then, I came across this gem of information..... http://store.spectracal.com/news/press-release.html

In a perfect world, that colormunki display + HCFR would of been the most ideal, running well under $200. Since the display 3 is supposed to be such a good meter for the price point, I think I am probably going to spend a little more and get that with calman to do it right the first time.

81 - 82 of 82 Posts