AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up with the Grafik Eye QS with "Ecosystem" - I have seen 8 and 16 zone models.

Do these work with regular loads, or only with special loads?

If I get one, can I still do up to 6 regular loads, then have "special" loads on the remaining zones, or does it only do special loads on all the zones?

I'd love to have more zones in one unit - but I just have regular incandescent loads. Am I looking at the wrong product for this? Do I have to go with a 2/4/6 zone standard Grafik Eye QS?

Lutron stuff is cool, but these kind of basic questions don't seem at all straightforward in their design guides and other literature.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No replies? No worries.

I'll answer my own question.

Well, I found the answer in the Lutron tech docs (with a little help from their technical support)

http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocumentLibrary/QSGRJ-xE%20Sub.pdf

The Graphic Eye QS with Ecosystem supports 3 "standard" type zones that support their usual fare of line voltage loads. These three zones can also be configured as EcoSystem loads.

The rest of the zones (4-8 or 4-16) can only control EcoSystem Ballasts or EcoSystem LED drivers, made by Lutron.

So if you have regular loads, and want >6 zones of control, get two or more Grafik Eye units.

Or you could go RadioRA2, control the GE for 6 zones, and use RadioRA2 dimmers on the others. But then scene control becomes a challenge...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts