AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 5GB+ MPG file containing 1080I video. This is not a TS file, just pure MPEG. I need to trim about 10 minutes of the end of it. I tried HDTV2MPEG but it shows the video length at 38 minutes instead of the actual 59 minutes. Am I doing something wrong or is this software not capable of reading large files like this? Is there another MPG editor that can trim an HD MPG without re-encoding it?

The video was created by combining multiple .trp files captured via a WinTV-D card and then remuxed using Xmuxer. It plays fine in both Elecard player and Windows Media Player. Unfortunately I no longer have the original .trp files.

On a separate note, if anyone is interested in a way to batch capture multiple files using WinTV-D let me know. I created a Girder script that renames the capture file and restarts the recording every 30 minutes. The advantage of my approach is that the script does not restart the whole DTVCap program, so the gap between files is only a fraction of a second, not several seconds, and therefore hardly noticable during playback.

Tomasz

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
One thing I should add, before the HD tuner users get their hopes up... Vegas does not presently support .ts transport streams. I don't know about Blade, but I rather doubt it does either.

HD .ts support still seems reserved mainly for higher-end apps.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
TMPGEnc has a trimming feature in it's tools section.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Tomasz

I am VERY interested in your girder batch file for the WinTV-D. I just got my WinTV-D working today after owning if for about two years (I had two HiPix cards and a WinTV-HD so there was no pressing need to get the WinTV-D working) and was wondering if there was a way to get over the file size limits. If I sell my two HiPix cards I just might be able to afford the new MyHD 120 which I "need" if I want to play back my Japanese BS HD tapes through my HTPC.

My email addresses are [email protected] or [email protected] or you could PM. Thanks in advance for coming up with this solution.

Milton Henry

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
FWIW, I contacted In-sync about MPEG support. To edit natively in MPEG in Blade may require an additional plugin for ~$400. :( And it's unclear whether that includes HD rez or .ts MPEG.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.