AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,982 Posts
like honesty I dont even know what to think or say after that....


He honestly pre coats all his DVD's and CD's with a liquid solution... And then heats things up with a hair dryer.... Just wow


Best part is.... Its only $209!.... What are we becoming LOL its just sad
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,948 Posts
There is no fool like an audiophool.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
807 Posts
Even a brand new CD can produce significant read errors. Does it matter though, I don't think so ... stuff like this is pretty silly because if getting a perfect stream of data is the goal, why not just use a Squeezebox? If you rip with EAC the data is double-checked and confirmed for accuracy, so theoretically it doesn't get any better ... then the only differences would be in the power supply, A/D conversion, and output stages. And obviously a surface treatment has nothing to do with that.


I wouldn't be surprised if some of this stuff could produce a minutely audible difference, but I'd suspect it would cause MORE read errors, not less.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,923 Posts
I think the best point made explained that objectivists should not be obligated to attempt to prove or disprove tweaks which make no physical sense.


I don't care if someone claims they heard differences or not, when the underlying concept makes no sense from a scientific perspective. I see no point in telling them they are wrong, because that's equivalent to calling them a liar.


But it makes little sense for me to spend time or money on something which would seem to have no basis.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJHuman /forum/post/14273085


I think the best point made explained that objectivists should not be obligated to attempt to prove or disprove tweaks which make no physical sense.


I don't care if someone claims they heard differences or not, when the underlying concept makes no sense from a scientific perspective. I see no point in telling them they are wrong, because that's equivalent to calling them a liar.


But it makes little sense for me to spend time or money on something which would seem to have no basis.

I like that!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,333 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJHuman /forum/post/14273085


I think the best point made explained that objectivists should not be obligated to attempt to prove or disprove tweaks which make no physical sense.


I don't care if someone claims they heard differences or not, when the underlying concept makes no sense from a scientific perspective. I see no point in telling them they are wrong, because that's equivalent to calling them a liar.


But it makes little sense for me to spend time or money on something which would seem to have no basis.

I never take my science or psychology book with me to audition audio.

Clearly I am in the minority here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,333 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadselim /forum/post/14275657


been doin' that for years

been in the minority or taken your books with you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,876 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljr /forum/post/14279946


been in the minority or taken your books with you?

All that, but more importantly, using a hair dryer on my CDs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadselim /forum/post/14279994


All that, but more importantly, using a hair dryer on my CDs.

yeah ok but did Cyro the hair dryer?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,247 Posts
I used it. Windows XP now operates like a Mac OS. None of my Window products work anymore
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJHuman /forum/post/14273085


I think the best point made explained that objectivists should not be obligated to attempt to prove or disprove tweaks which make no physical sense.


I don't care if someone claims they heard differences or not, when the underlying concept makes no sense from a scientific perspective. I see no point in telling them they are wrong, because that's equivalent to calling them a liar.


But it makes little sense for me to spend time or money on something which would seem to have no basis.


I disagree. Objectivists aren't calling anybody a liar. Nobody is doubting that a subjectivist hears what he hears. Objectivists are simply explaining WHY an individual hears what he hears. Learning what is or isn't audible over past decade has helped me enjoy audio a lot more and has saved me a small fortune in the process. At my age having tens of thousands of extra dollars in my retirement account makes more sense to me than having it in warm, friendly vacuum tubes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,000 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu Gai /forum/post/14300415


I used it. Windows XP now operates like a Mac OS. None of my Window products work anymore

You'll have to use an ionizing (de-ionizing?) hair dryer to return it to its original form.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljr /forum/post/14275491


I never take my science or psychology book with me to audition audio.

Clearly I am in the minority here.


If I can't test it at home, then I don't bother. There's no point in judging audio equipment by hearing it somewhere else.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top