AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So....does anybody have any skinny or inside poop on what we can expect at the CES in January? Perhaps:

* updated STBs to replace the Hughes/Tosh/Mits units?

* more 1394/DHCP devices for recording?

* better OTA reception?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I'd have to go with more plasmas, better reception HD STB, and hopefully some prototype consumer HD camcorder or at least a 480p widescreen consumer camcorder... and more DVI or firewire connectors on everyhing :)

Bob C

·
Registered
20 Posts
Speaking of CES???

I've never gone to it but thinking about going this time. Never been to Vegas. Can a plain ole home theater junky consumer just buy a ticket and walk in. Do you need to be a dealer or have some type of credentials.

Anybodt know the scoop - dates, place, etc.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Lenny,

I believe all you have to do is go to the website and sign up. That is all I did last year and had no problems.

·
Premium Member
12,971 Posts
You might expect to see me attend this year. :)

I have free airline tickets, free admission and free hotel room. Working on free car rental and free food but that may be asking too much.

I just have to figure out if I can schedule it with my work load which particularly heavy now.

·
Registered
241 Posts
You can sign up for a free pass to the exhibit floor until Dec. 7th at http://www.cesweb.org/

Taxi's are next to impossible to get in Vegas during the show so you're probably best off staying at a hotel close to the show (like the Hilton).

Rooms go fast so you need to book soon. CES organizers have rooms blocked off for the show as well as flights. Go here for hotel and here for flight information.

Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.