AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune76 /forum/post/19610037

Ips?

I think he means IOP. The pixels are just pixels. They have nothing to do with you either having A full array LED backlit panel or an Integrated Optic Plate LED Panel. All that is is the backlight that you are getting. Have a good day.

·
Registered
8,479 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune76 /forum/post/19606725

Here is a pic of the pixels, what do you think?

It's a 46LD550 and the pixels look different than what I'm used to. possible IPS panel?

Just wait and see if anyone can tell you what manufacturer made your panel. I don't follow it very closely.

You might find out more in the Input Lag Wars thread.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstr /forum/post/19610072

I think he means IOP. The pixels are just pixels. They have nothing to do with you either having A full array LED backlit panel or an Integrated Optic Plate LED Panel. All that is is the backlight that you are getting. Have a good day.

I'm confused. I did mean IPS.. I was asking if my panel is IPS.

There is no LED backlight in the TV at all..

some other threads mentioned having chevron shaped pixels means IPS

·
Registered
8,479 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune76 /forum/post/19610110

I'm confused. I did mean IPS.. I was asking if my panel is IPS.

There is no LED backlight in the TV at all..

some other threads mentioned having chevron shaped pixels means IPS

How is the picture quality? Do you have a problem with the picture quality? If the picture quality is good are you going to drive yourself crazy if its not an IPS panel?

I'm pretty sure they have some pictures of the pixels in the Input Lag Wars thread, and they guy who started that thread seems to know a lot about these kinds of issues.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by topr /forum/post/19610282

yep. more lag but better blacks.

The lag is a serious issue with me though. I avoided samsung just for that reason and bought LG because I thought it'd be lower.

Can anyone confirm it's a Samsung panel?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.