Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To my fellow PG6 brothers:

My PG6 frequently displays a single horizontal line exactly through the center of the image. This has been happening for months although I am just now getting around to inquiring about it. I am not really in crisis mode but this is somewhat of a nuisance.

This line is created only by the red gun. As I say, it isn't always there and it is not source dependant. It is definitely the projector. When the line is visible it shows regardless of which input I select.

I thought it might be due to some convergence setting being extreme but if it is I haven't been able to identify it.

Have any of you ever experienced this phenomenon?

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
I've seen lines like this on Barcos - almosts exactly halfway up the screen. It usually means you are running the geometry controls too close to maximum settings.

I don't know if this is the same on the PG6's.

- Rick

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Same as the PG's. Best option is to delete the input and start over for that setting. Try to dial in the convergence mechanically first and only then use electronic adjustments. I have been through that red line scenario a few times until I mastered the fine art of proper convergence.

Marc

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tinman,

Agreed, attaining proper convergence on a PG or any other CRT for that matter is a fine art. I have been tweaking mine for years and still have not discovered all its secrets. It has always been my gut feeling that some convergence or alignment adjustment is being pushed too far. I'll go back through all of them again and see if I can get one to make a difference.

My PG has a point board. Do you think that could be a contributor? For the most part I use point convergence to touch up only the far corners.

Regards,

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
How wide is the line? A single scan line? An inch or so?

If it is wider than a single scan line, you have pushed the point convergence too far.

Vern Dias

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Vern,

It is a single scan line. Red only.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Typical, one red line. I have had this, and no matter what I did to try to fix the convergence, once there it would not go away. I had to delete that entry and make a new one. Make sure you normalize all point settings before you start again.

Marc

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
convergence > linear balance (for red of course)

set the top and bottom arrows back to zero or reduce them at least.

I'll bet a nickel that's it :)

·
Registered
567 Posts
Yep red linearity balance is the cause. Just drop it down a notch or two.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cookie and Jesse S,

You guys were right on the money. Red> convergence balance> top was set to -87. The line vanished when I brought it down to about -15. I was able to make some other convergence adjustments to compensate and now everything looks fine.

Thanks again for the tip.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
-87. Yeah... that's a bit far.

Marc

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.