AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had a vision check and what is a relatively light, under 2 diopter, prescription has changed 0.25 for one eye. Anyone know if it is enough to make significant improvement and thus make it worthwhile to get new lenses?

Thanks,

Dave

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Dave,

Which eye had the change? Is it your dominant eye? Nearsighted or farsighted? What shape are your glasses in?

In general, I would tell a patient that it's not enough of a change to warrant changing glasses.

Jeff

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I p.m..'ed Jeff with details since thread was moving away from generalized advice.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
If you're talking nearsightedness, if you're under corrected by a 1/4 diopter your far point is at 4 meters, the additional correction would push you out to infinity. It may be noticeable at night. It depends on how high your correction is to begin with. A 1/4 D change would be more noticeable to someone who's only a -.25 to begin with vs someone who's already a -12.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by saeyedoc  /t/1421627/what-change-in-eyeglass-...ant-i-e-should-i-get-new-lenses#post_22248479

If you're talking nearsightedness, if you're under corrected by a 1/4 diopter your far point is at 4 meters, the additional correction would push you out to infinity. It may be noticeable at night. It depends on how high your correction is to begin with. A 1/4 D change would be more noticeable to someone who's only a -.25 to begin with vs someone who's already a -12.

Dominant eye od, nearsighted. Glasses in good shape verilux physic enhanced.

old od S -1.00 Cyl -0.75 Axis 70 new -1.25/-0.50 axis 64

os -.05/sph new -.05/-.025/085

·
Registered
1,105 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveN  /t/1421627/what-change-in-eyeglass-...e-should-i-get-new-lenses/0_100#post_22249977

Dominant eye od, nearsighted. Glasses in good shape verilux physic enhanced.

old od S -1.00 Cyl -0.75 Axis 70 new -1.25/-0.50 axis 64

os -.05/sph new -.05/-.025/085
Negligible change in spherical equivalent, you have to take into account the change in astigmatism. Unlikely to be noticeable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts