Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, been away for some time. What channels do we have in

HDTV in the NYC area now? Still just CBS & FOX?

thanks,

Winston

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Yup, that's still pretty much it unless you get Comcast cable. They offer NBC and ABC digital channels. UPN had its digital channel out there also, but it seems to have disappeared lately. Also, OTA if you're lucky you might be able to get WNJN-DT (51.1, .2) but it's not very reliable.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info..i get Comcast cable here in Jersey City,

although i dont know if they carry the HD feeds.

Winston

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by winman42
thanks for the info..i get Comcast cable here in Jersey City,

although i dont know if they carry the HD feeds.

Winston
Can't tell you for certain that they do, but Comcast has rolled out HD for all of NJ, so I'd think so. I've had it for about a month now. It's great.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool, i'll have to give them a ring. What level of service do you need

to get the 2 HD channels?

WIn

·
Registered
340 Posts
i have the digital gold pack(comcast in jersey city). u get abc, nbc, hbo, and showtime. costs about 90 bucks a month. i also get OTA fox and cbs.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ouch, thats too much cash for me, since i already have DirecTV

for HBO-HD, SHO-HD, and HDNET. I get cbs and fox OTA as well,

so i would only want NBC and ABC from Comcast.

I do have comcast for the cable modem.

Win

p.s. is NBC still only the LENO SHOW?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I just get NBC-HD and ABC-HD (at least as far as HD goes) for $28 a month. It could be less but I did a dish buy back program that gets me $25 back each month so my bill has to be at least that high.

-Greg

·
Registered
340 Posts
concerning the bundling of internet....nope. internet is in addition to that 90 bucks.:mad:

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Winman42 i have that same problem. What receiver do you have for directv? Also what OTA antenna do you have? I live near the journal square area of Jersey city so i want to get the perfect antenna.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Count me in also. I'm in Middlesex and can only pick up CBS and Fox. I would really love to have ABC for their Monday Night Football and Super Bowl. I'm currently trying to find a way to pick up Philladelphia's ABC affiliate (about 60 miles) since Comcast isn't in my area.

Can you guys get any PBS? I'm getting 43-1 and 43-2, but without Guide info. I also managed to get 50-1 and 50-2 once, but I can't seem to find it anymore.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Is the Super bowl on ABC this season?

·
Registered
340 Posts
"I live near the journal square area of Jersey city so i want to get the perfect antenna."

i live near jfk blvd and use an indoor antenna (zenith from circuit city) and get cbs and fox no prob. works great.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Is the Super Bowl on CBS, FOX, or ABC?

·
Registered
340 Posts
ABC

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
All of you should be aware that cable companies are not supposed to make you buy other expensive tiers (digital or otherwise) to get your local HD channels. I am getting all my H/DTV locals (CBS, NBC, FOX, ABC, UPN, PBS) from TWC with only the Basic Service package plus the HD box & remote rental ($13.14+4.50+.22=$17.86). See the following thread for details:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=193328

·
Registered
340 Posts
no charge for nbc and abc on comcast. u get that automatically with the digital pack. (u have to have digitalcable to upgrade to HDTV). but to get hbo and showtime u must pay more.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Quoted from Shadowbox(from the thread VICRUIZ posted)

"Keep in mind that not all TWC divisions are the same. They offer different prices for different packages. That is one of the problems TWC is trying to change. So while someone in NYC may be able to get HD with basic only, this may not be possible elsewhere. It should be, but you never know. "

Vic, we dont have that option of get TWC. All we are stuck with is Comcast. Cablevision, Directv, and DISH.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.