AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is a great forum. I now read it everyday. You people are so informative about things.

i just got an oval dish and a sat c kit b/c of showtime. I set it up and it works great but i was wondering what other channels are on sat c? I found nasa but any others?

also my mutlitswitch is completly exposed to the elements(right on the dish). what should i put on there to cover it up? thanks alot

hdtv for life

nate

·
Registered
729 Posts
I don't think the multiswitch needs covering -- it should be designed for outdoor exposure to the elements. Anyone?

And NASA is on the 119° satellite, which is Sat B. As far as I know, Sho-HD is the only channel currently on 110.

It took me also about 20 minutes last summer to install the Sat C kit, and it was kind of fun going up there and fiddling with it. My wife held the ladder and watched, and she watched Queer as Folk and Chris Isaak last week, enjoying them immensely.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Burgess
I don't think the multiswitch needs covering -- it should be designed for outdoor exposure to the elements. Anyone?

And NASA is on the 119° satellite, which is Sat B. As far as I know, Sho-HD is the only channel currently on 110.

It took me also about 20 minutes last summer to install the Sat C kit, and it was kind of fun going up there and fiddling with it. My wife held the ladder and watched, and she watched Queer as Folk and Chris Isaak last week, enjoying them immensely.
hahahaha. i like how you specifically stated that she was the one watching QAF.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I am quite sure that channel 90 is active on sat c. Doesn't broadcast anything except a test. If you get Spanish religious programming the dish is pointed at the wrong satellite (rumor has it).

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts
The DirecTV recommended test channels are:

Sat C 90, which has no picture or channel, just a banner & info box that confirms you are Ok for Sat C (As mentioned, Showtime-HD is on 543)

Sat B 400, Para Todos Info

Sat A 100, PPV Info

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.