AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the hln series samsung dlp using the hd2 chip from TI, or are they using an older model?

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are the newer ones using the hd2+ chip?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Nobody is shipping a device (projector or RPTV) with the HD2+ yet...it was just announced a little more than a week ago by it's manufacturer, Texas Instuments. I wouldn't expect to see product using this chip until after the beginning of the year.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. So what you are saying is that the HLN series DLP's are already outdated?

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
But what you might be saying is that if you can wait to move to a Sammy DLP until early next year -- or have to wait -- that you might get the benefit of an incrementally-improved chip.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am moving in a few months and was considering the dlp and was just wondering if the newer runs will be incorporating the hd2+ chip or if i would have to wait until the next series. Ive heard good things about the chip.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I would expect the HD2+ change to be made in the next series due to the potential for related engineering changes. Or is it incremental enough to just drop it in? I had thought I'd read something somewhere about a colorwheel improvement as well, but that may be unrelated.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I believe that it works in conjunction with a 7 segment color wheel which is supposed to also improve contrast levels

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
So far, there is no Samsung announcement that the RPTVs will be upgraded to HD2+.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DooDoo
I believe that it works in conjunction with a 7 segment color wheel which is supposed to also improve contrast levels
Yes, that's it!

I would think that this kind of change would be likely to make this a "next version" kind of upgrade.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.