AVS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm finally putting the finishing touches on my theater. It's been 95% finished since last January
. I need some opinions on molding colors. The screen wall and ceiling are flat black, the other walls are deep red (Sherwin-Williams Theatre Red, ironically) and the carpet is Charcoal (it's darker than it looks in the pic). I'm going to do baseboard and maybe some crown (+ ropelight). I could go with the same red, but I think it my blend in too much.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I put in electric baseboard heat.

Looks like black is the consensus...I can go along with that.

I was also thinking about a slightly lighter shade of the wall color.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I painted my base mouldings the same as the walls... I think it looks good. But, black would pop.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Faux finish in antique gold....

Did my room like this with similar color scheme... Wife did it but I think the base color was a dark brown.... followed by metalic gold either blotted on with crunched up paper towles... or painted on then blotted off with crunched up paper towels. Experiment around with some scrap trim or wood.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I agree with the antique gold. I used gold spray paint for the base and then used half black, half faux base to paint over it, then after a minute or so wiped off the black to give an antique gold without glare. Very little chance for moldings to glare in your eyes, anyway.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Metallic gold for the crown. Either dark grey or metallic gold for the base. The gold would add pop to the room.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I have tricorn black front wall and virtual taupe on the side and rear, and I decided to use the white trim paint at sherwin williams. I think it really brings out the colors and adds a nice contrast, and dont feel it will be too bothersome as far as reflections go. I feel it will also allow me to go to a darker color carpet more easily. It seems to add enough break to the room to make it look nice.

·
Registered
454 Posts
A darker color for your lower moldings has a slimming effect, and will accentuate your curves.

Oh wait, sorry, wife has been making we watch a lot of "What not to wear" lately...

·
Registered
3,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91BlckGT /forum/post/15671317

A darker color for your lower moldings has a slimming effect, and will accentuate your curves.

Oh wait, sorry, wife has been making we watch a lot of "What not to wear" lately...

That's funny right there...I don't care who you are.

I'd wonder what she was trying to tell you.

CJ

1 - 18 of 18 Posts