AVS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The screen wall is flat black and the walls are Ben Moore Adaggio (gray). What color would you paint the doors?

Pic enclosed.

·
Registered
705 Posts
hey there, we painted all our house doors a really dark chocolate brown/almost blackish. They look amazing and everyone comments on how nice they look. Wife is a little peeved that a bunch of friends are now doing the same thing...

I would seriously recommend it. I think it would even look fine with the wall/screen colors you have as well. Maybe you or someone can photoshop the color in to see how it would turn out.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmfer /forum/post/15560850

hey there, we painted all our house doors a really dark chocolate brown/almost blackish. They look amazing and everyone comments on how nice they look. .

Do you have a pic you could post? What color are your walls - I'm assuming that wall color would impact the choice for the door color - correct?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrieb24 /forum/post/15560980

Flat black......doors and trim

I should have stated in my initial post that black was not an option for the doors - I simply don't like it. The baseboard under the screen wall will be painted flat black. I'm not looking for a bat cave, simply a complimentary color that works with the wall color.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Go with a darker gray. It will be similar to using black, but not as drastic.

If you are looking for something dramatic, there is always red! Red and gray work very well together.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
I dont know if I would do flat. Flat looks dirty and hazy when touched. At least go satin or eggshell to help protect the finish. If you go with flat, Lowes has a flat enamel which supposed to be wipeable.

Im using a dark grey which I matched to my harmony 880 color and it looks good against the blue/silver I'm using. Looks like black when the lights are off.

In this shot you can see the blue silver on the wall and the door and trim. The flash does wash out the colors out a bit so the door and paint are in fact a little darker.

I recently added my star panel which is trimmed off with the same gray color with lights off you can see it looks black.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screen Shot /forum/post/15561011

I should have stated in my initial post that black was not an option for the doors - I simply don't like it. The baseboard under the screen wall will be painted flat black. I'm not looking for a bat cave, simply a complimentary color that works with the wall color.

Hmm, in that case, I'd paint all the baseboards and trim black and paint the doors the same gray as the walls (or slightly darker if you wish). The black door trim will provide nice separation for the doors and walls

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2Photos /forum/post/15561112

Go with a darker gray. It will be similar to using black, but not as drastic.

I like the darker gray idea. I wish I knew enough about photoshop to mock this up to see what it would look like.

I have a hard time visualizing something without a picture.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Yeah, that looks fine.

·
Registered
262 Posts
much better than the white. Looks good. Nice job!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts