AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked at a few and from the little research I have done, I have only found that the marantz z 5300 does al of that and then some, however It is only 3 zones. I would have to buy two. are there any other mid to high quality amps that do what the z 5300 does but with 6-8 zones(stereo L-r)?? with at least 60 watts per cha, preferably 100watts per channel.

I plan on using universal remotes mx 6000 and 2 kp900's for 5 zones with the spare ones for future use.

any brands out there??? help!!

·
Registered
3,991 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeRock /forum/post/17032395

I have looked at a few and from the little research I have done, I have only found that the marantz z 5300 does al of that and then some, however It is only 3 zones. I would have to buy two. are there any other mid to high quality amps that do what the z 5300 does but with 6-8 zones(stereo L-r)?? with at least 60 watts per cha, preferably 100watts per channel.

I plan on using universal remotes mx 6000 and 2 kp900's for 5 zones with the spare ones for future use.

any brands out there??? help!!

Just out of curiosity, why do you need 60 to 100 watts to each zone?

In any case, many of the multi-zone amp companies make what you need....You would just need to use external amps instead of the included internal 20 or 30W amps. The Nuvo Concerto, the Russound CAMs, the Xantechs, etc. provide line outs for each zone to attach your own amp if needed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im pushing 4 niles rs8si rock speakers in 2 zones (combined as one zone) towers in another zone,

Im using a new model marantz and using zone 2 and 3 to power the multiroom. I do it a bit differently and using IR and having IR control over volume, input, mute, on and Off for each zone give it more of a control factor and alows the amps to live longer(less heat etc)

has anyone looked at the z5300? I have not seen a amp that has all the features as that with 6 zones....

ive done a very complicated setup with the z5300 and love its flexability, however 3 zones kind of hampers amount of rooms...

If i dont find anything I may juts buy two for my client.

·
Registered
211 Posts
After looking at the Marantz ZS5300, it looks like the Elan S6 will do everything you're looking for and more, and more importantly at the right price. According to the Marantz website, the ZS5300 is $799 MSRP, the Elan S6 is $1000 MSRP.

There's only 2 drawbacks to the S6 for your application:

1. The S6 only does 40 watts/ch. While that's plenty for normal whole house music using in-ceiling/in-wall speakers, you are doing some zones with tower speakers and outdoor zones with multiple rocks. The good news is the S6 is not just an amp, but a system controller that has an amp built in. This means you can use the internal amp for zones that don't need a lot of power, but for the other zones you can add extra external amplification using the fixed/variable line level zone outputs off the S6.

2. Although the S6 is capable of being controlled IR by any control system, it was designed to be used with Elan keypads and touchscreens. This means there are no convenient little 3.5mm IR input jacks. There are only RJ45 keypad jacks (one for each zone). For your application, you would need to do a little creative splicing with a CAT5 pigtail. It's doable and I've done it before, but it is a little extra work and you need to know the wiring schematic of the S6 keypad jack.

Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.