AVS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you on here, I would love to know what you think. I have been having the hardest time, much like everyone else, trying to figure out how to spend my money.

To put things as easy as possible, I absolutely love the Klipsch RW 12D. I think it is amazing! I am sure there are better out there but I would be satisfied with finding a "non commercial" brand that would be just as good as this without having to pay $700.

Here is a link to the sub, what do you think would be an exact comparison performance wise. Its 90% music that i listen to.

http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/rw-12d.aspx

Thank you.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
How much are you paying for it and what is your absolute max budget. We'd need to know that to recommend specific models.

It's a good main brand sub. Can you do better at list price, IMO HELL YEAH!!! But if you absolutely love it and can get a good deal on it then that's all that matters.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the best deal i can get is $700, which is way out of my budget. I was hoping to spend no more than $400.

·
Registered
16,876 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk02bird /forum/post/13013169

To put things as easy as possible, I absolutely love the Klipsch RW 12D. I think it is amazing!

Where have you heard this sub, exactly?

And, you've not made it "as easy as possible". Lemme get this straight, you "absolutely love" this sub and "think it is amazing!". But you want other recommendations for OTHER subs that will be comparable in the $400 range? Right? Have you considered a Klipsch Sub12 ?

·
Registered
3,303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk02bird /forum/post/13026760

anyone

If you really can't spend more than $400, you might want to consider the Hsu STF-2. If you have a small room and don't need extension below 20hz, it should be a very musical sub that will sound good with music. I doubt it will have quite as much impact as the RW12, but I think it should sound better for music.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I heard the sub at a section of best buy, its some contract store thats located within the best buy store. They sell the higher end audio and video equipment.

When I said easy as possible, I dont know exactly what I mean, just that I really like the sub.

The reason I bring this topic up is because I have read countless threads where many people state the "non marketed" equipment performs better for a cheaper price, so I was thinking there would be something that sounded just as good as it for a lower price.

I guess you dont agree?

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
HSU STF2 would be great,SQ and output are very good.

Stay away from BIC and subs like the BIC...good only if budget is rock bottom.

The HSU STF2 beats the Klipsch you heard,with little trouble.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
How about the Cadence CSX-15? I believe it's only $379 shipped.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Get the KSW 12, its damn near the same thing except its downfiring and doesn't have the digital readout for better tuning. The KSW 12 will work great for your price range.

·
Registered
178 Posts
If you want to look at something comprable to the Klipsch price wise take a look at the AV123 MWF15 at $599. It is a new sub that is just now starting to ship. From what I have heard it should beat the pants off of the RW12D. I had a RT12d for a while. It is listed at $1,199 and is well up the food chain from the RW. Although the RT is a nice sub I a really doubt it could hang with the MFW15 or some of the other internet direct offerings being currently talked about so much on this forum. Elemental Designs, Epik, AV123 and several others are putting out some very well received subs at reasonable prices. Now is a good time to be looking for a sub. You can get alot of bang for the buck if you do some research. Take a look at post #8 in the Craigsub thread. It will give you some ratings and prices of some of the subs you should be looking at. That's a good place to start.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no crap, the HSU STF2 is better than the RW-12D. If thats the case I'm buying it. Does everyone else agree?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts