AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Some claim that DVI is better, others say its not. I know when I tried DVI on mine about a year ago, it made no difference that I could see. Later I had to get a new 6412 (the old one committed suicide) and it has HDMI out. My TV doesn't have HDMI, so I just use component and I'm very happy with it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I find with cable, component is better. I tried HDMI with my Cox DVR, and the pixel tiling on SD channels was horrible. Even the HD channels didn't look as good. It looks better with Component in my opinion. I think HDMI(or DVI) only looks great if the source is digital. HDMI looks fantastic on my PS3 and DVD Player.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,754 Posts
The only answer is to try all HD options and use the one that looks & works the best.

·
Banned
892 Posts
A lot depends on how your display interprets the signals.

On my Aquos panel, the component is ovescanned so I don't see the whole image, so I use HDMI.

On some combinations, HDMI takes a little time to handshake so you go without picture for a bit each time you change channels. In those cases you might prefer component.

Also, scaling and deinterlacing can be a factor. One receiver/set combo may work great for HDMI with 1920x1080i, but may not be optimal upscaling from 480i for instance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.