AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks it's me again. Well I went and bought a Sony SLV-AX10 Hi-Fi VCR to hook-up to my computer so that I could capture some things that I have on video. Just one minor problem. I have it hooked up through the component input on my Pinnacle Studio PC TV for video and the audio is going to go into the Line-In on my sound card. Problem is that the Line-In is being used by the capture card and it's a pain in the butt to switch them every time I want to record from the VCR. I tried using a splitter that split the Line-In into two jacks, originally this splitter was intended to split into two outputs not inputs, but every time I put the second source in the sound card does not receive a signal. So this connector is a no go. Just what connector am I looking for so that I can convert one 3.5 mm input on my soundcard into two?

·
Registered
56 Posts
You might check if you sound card has any auxillary inputs via a header connection on the card.

On my HTPC, I ran an extra CD-ROM audio cable from the output header on the Pinnacle PCTV Pro to an auxillary input header on my WinFast 4x sound card, leaving the input jack on the back open.

Not that I use the tuner on the PCTV Pro that much mind you, but I won't be swapping cables when I do use it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally posted by otaku:
You might check if you sound card has any auxillary inputs via a header connection on the card.

On my HTPC, I ran an extra CD-ROM audio cable from the output header on the Pinnacle PCTV Pro to an auxillary input header on my WinFast 4x sound card, leaving the input jack on the back open.

Not that I use the tuner on the PCTV Pro that much mind you, but I won't be swapping cables when I do use it.

I don't know if my Pinnacle has those headers (probably does) but it doesn't matter because I can't use them. The CD-ROM one is taken and the auxilary is taken by the DVD decoder card. Thanks for the suggestion though, I MIGHT be able to split it off internally perhaps...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Upon looking at my documentation for the card it not only appears that I do have the headers but input headers as well. Does anybody know if I could perhaps loop my DVD through the Pinnacle and then into the sound card?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.