AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so nearly eliminated any possible problem with my CLR 2002 and after all this, i think there is still something missing in the sound when i watch a movie, i have a question , if i put my ear next to the tweeter and i hear sound, and i put my ear next to both woofers and i hear sound, what else could be wrong?

Is it possible the speaker is not playing certain frequencies which is what gives me this feeling that something is missing? i mean my BP6s and BP2Xs are louder than the CLR2002, funny thing is that the CLR2002's volume is set the highest on the receiver.

Could it be that something is internally wrong and its not playing some stuff in the midrange or something? it sounds like a regular speaker but at some points i feel like theres some missing sound thats not coming out, like in the king kong blueray where the T-Rex is screaming, that scream didnt sound as it SHOULD have been i think, yet King Kong's Scream sounded just fine..

Just so i know, is it a possible problem that the speaker is skipping different frequencies because of an internal problem?

Im trying to convince myself not to exchange it cuz i dont want to go through the hassle of shiping it back , but thing is that everytime i watch a blueray or something, it feels like theres something missing from the center speaker, i tried both Bi Wiring and Using the Jumpers as the hook up method, same results.

And dont get me wrong ,the speaker sounds very good all in all its just that there seems to be something that i notice in certain scenes.

And in games like NBA 2K9, using my previous speakers, i remember that the in-game commentary was quiete loud and defined but with the CLR 2002 the volume is low and its kindda hard to hear..

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Have you checked the speaker polarity? Might be the connected the other way around. Just a thought.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by blued888 /forum/post/15584578

Have you checked the speaker polarity? Might be the connected the other way around. Just a thought.

yes defintley , i checked multiple times

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Didn't you say before that the center speaker is placed on the floor?

Can you post a picture of the setup?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamonsasa /forum/post/15585728

is it possible that the midrange is not playing?

You should be able to confirm that when you're playing something.

I supposed the midrange driver would vibrate a little.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its not on the floor ,its on the Tv stand's shelf below ear level.

Is it possible that the speaker is not playing certain frequencies? i have it bi wired right now and so the possibility of me wiring the speaker not correctly is out of question because now im not using jumpers, and im 100% sure i have it bi wired correctly.

Here are pictures of my setup:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y259/X222/P1170009.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y259/X222/P1170010.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y259/X222/P1170011.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y259/X222/P1170012.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y259/X222/P1170014.jpg

·
Registered
1,276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamonsasa /forum/post/15585890

its not on the floor ,its on the Tv stand's shelf below ear level.

Is it possible that the speaker is not playing certain frequencies? i have it bi wired right now and so the possibility of me wiring the speaker not correctly is out of question because now im not using jumpers, and im 100% sure i have it bi wired correctly.

Try putting the jumpers back and connect them. It definitely wouldn't hurt to try.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamonsasa /forum/post/15586150

But it was the same thing before when i had the jumpers installed..

Ah. If it's new, maybe the place were you bought it from has a demo unit of it? Or you bought it online?

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by blued888 /forum/post/15586259

Ah. If it's new, maybe the place were you bought it from has a demo unit of it? Or you bought it online?

yes the speaker is new, a week old. I bought it from ABT Electronics, i called them and he said i can ship it back to them free of charge and they will test it and if they find a problem they will send me another new one for free of charge, but he said if they wont find a problem then they will charge me for shipping..

I dont know what to do really.. its the same result with the jumpers or Bi wired, i followed this guide to bi wire: http://www.brilliancehifi.co.uk/how-...e-speakers.htm

its was quiete easy

·
Registered
1,276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamonsasa /forum/post/15586375

yes the speaker is new, a week old. I bought it from ABT Electronics, i called them and he said i can ship it back to them free of charge and they will test it and if they find a problem they will send me another new one for free of charge, but he said if they wont find a problem then they will charge me for shipping..

I dont know what to do really.. its the same result with the jumpers or Bi wired, i followed this guide to bi wire: http://www.brilliancehifi.co.uk/how-...e-speakers.htm

its was quiete easy

Next best thing would be to try and locate a local dealer who has that particular center speaker and audition it.

Hopefully some shop within a 50-mile radius has one. Shipping has its risks, might come back in worse condition than when you sent it unless you really really package it well.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by blued888 /forum/post/15586404

Next best thing would be to try and locate a local dealer who has that particular center speaker and audition it.

Hopefully some shop within a 50-mile radius has one. Shipping has its risks, might come back in worse condition than when you sent it unless you really really package it well.

what do u mean.. if i send it to them and they see its defective then they will send me a new one..

well i have a best buy within one mile lol, i can go there and audition it but what am i supposed to check, if when the T-Rex in king kong screams sounds different than i heared it in my house.

For refrence, is what im saying possible? that the speaker is not playing certain frequencies yet for the most part the speaker sounds fine? its just when something like a bomb drop or somehting that is supposed to have PUNCH to it seems to be missin something.. but it has bass and the tweeter is working fine.. what else is there to it, the mid range ? or the mid range is the bass(woofer)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Perhaps the crossover is set too high between the mains and the sub hence the missing bandwidth... in other words; crossover set at 100Hz in the receiver and sub playing only 80 hz and below...or crossover set too low; speaker bandwidth (for example is 45hz-20khz) and the crossover is set at 40hz

·
Registered
1,276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamonsasa /forum/post/15586479

what do u mean.. if i send it to them and they see its defective then they will send me a new one..

well i have a best buy within one mile lol, i can go there and audition it but what am i supposed to check, if when the T-Rex in king kong screams sounds different than i heared it in my house.

For refrence, is what im saying possible? that the speaker is not playing certain frequencies yet for the most part the speaker sounds fine? its just when something like a bomb drop or somehting that is supposed to have PUNCH to it seems to be missin something.. but it has bass and the tweeter is working fine.. what else is there to it, the mid range ? or the mid range is the bass(woofer)

But what if it's not defective and it sounds the same as the on in Best Buy? One mile is an easy drive.

Use some music material, I think that would be easier to judge than sound effects in movies.

If your speaker is not playing certain frequencies then there is definitely something with it.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamonsasa /forum/post/15584509

Okay so nearly eliminated any possible problem with my CLR 2002 and after all this, i think there is still something missing in the sound when i watch a movie, i have a question , if i put my ear next to the tweeter and i hear sound, and i put my ear next to both woofers and i hear sound, what else could be wrong?

Is it possible the speaker is not playing certain frequencies which is what gives me this feeling that something is missing? i mean my BP6s and BP2Xs are louder than the CLR2002, funny thing is that the CLR2002's volume is set the highest on the receiver.

Could it be that something is internally wrong and its not playing some stuff in the midrange or something? it sounds like a regular speaker but at some points i feel like theres some missing sound thats not coming out, like in the king kong blueray where the T-Rex is screaming, that scream didnt sound as it SHOULD have been i think, yet King Kong's Scream sounded just fine..

Just so i know, is it a possible problem that the speaker is skipping different frequencies because of an internal problem?

Im trying to convince myself not to exchange it cuz i dont want to go through the hassle of shiping it back , but thing is that everytime i watch a blueray or something, it feels like theres something missing from the center speaker, i tried both Bi Wiring and Using the Jumpers as the hook up method, same results.

And dont get me wrong ,the speaker sounds very good all in all its just that there seems to be something that i notice in certain scenes.

And in games like NBA 2K9, using my previous speakers, i remember that the in-game commentary was quiete loud and defined but with the CLR 2002 the volume is low and its kindda hard to hear..

#1:

Let's start out with setting your sub to 80HZ......everything set to 80HZ means that any signal from 80 and below is handled by the sub. The bass is redirected to the sub. Everything above that goes to the other spkrs.

#2:

The sound from your center speaker is actually hidden behind the ottoman, and the center spkr is too low. (another "rack dilemma").

#3:

It is possible that the movie sound track plays a scream in the left and right and not the center spkr.......swap left to center spkrs to see for yourself.

#1 and #2 is most likely your problem.

Also FTR, the CLR2002 has two 5 1/4" bass/mid speakers and a tweeter..........not a separate mid range spkr.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Also how do you have the spkrs set in the rec.......large ........small?

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
lamonsasa, can you take a picture of the back of the center speaker so that we can see how it's hooked up.....a close up pic.?

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espo77 /forum/post/15587290

Also how do you have the spkrs set in the rec.......large ........small?

On the receiever there is no option of setting the speaker to large/small, its automatic, if you set your speaker to FULL BANDWITH, it means its set to large, if you have i set to like 60hz or 80hz its set to small. there is no option of LARGE / SMALL. the receiver is the ONKYO SR606.

i have pictures of the speaker bi wired:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25.../P1180018e.jpg

i removed the serial number in photoshop for security you know..

1 - 20 of 57 Posts