AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a Pioneer 57" PRO-HD Elite set back in September. I'm alreay encountering a problem.

I see what I can only describe as red streaks on groups of scan lines in a picture. These streaks don't always cover the entire scanline, but generally do.

I've ruled out the cables, all inputs show the problem even ones that aren't connected.

I've put a sample mpeg-4 avi file with a close up of the display while the wife was watching the bachelor.

An 11MB sample can be found here.

Does my new set need a service call already?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Jeff D:

Excellent demonstration of the problem! Seriously!

Your statement "...all inputs show the problem even ones that aren't connected." is a bit confusing, but if you are saying that all image sources display this wandering red line problem, then I would say that you need a service call. If you hadn't said this, I would have guessed that the broadcast signal was the problem...

Good luck.

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. I'm a software engineer I know how good examples can help.

Other problems I've documented too:
Sony HD-100 decoder problem
Onkyo 898 video degradation

Just trying to help the manufactures know there are problems. =)

The statement about the inputs was to clarify I didn't suspect it was the cables between components. There are 5 inputs and 3 are connected, input 1 via s-video and component (component has priority), input 2 component from dvd, input 5 is DVI from HDTV decoder.

All inputs regardless of if there is a source going to that input shows the problem.

I was really curious if anyone had any idea what could cause this. Just last night I noticed the same lines but with green color. I have no idea about what's wrong...

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, the service guys just left.

In case anyone else needs to know... I must of missed others discussing this, but it's a common problem. I'm not sure if it's specific to the PRO630HD only or other sets too.

The service guys came with the replacement parts, 3 new ICs for the CRTs and a new diodes(?). They were done in under 30 minutes and I'll see how it works out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 530 and had guy out to fix same problem with no luck. My problem is real infrequent so he wasnt able to see it. Your file should be a big help.

I hope it fixes it.

Lou

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lisa I guess so, I never checked the spot. My bad.

loukor2, this problem sounds pretty common and that any service center should be able to ask pioneer about it, there's 3 IC's need to be replaced on each of the boards for each CRT. Like I stated above there are also three small components that needed to be swapped too.

These guys had parts shipped from pioneer before even looking at my set. They were good, all the solidering and fixes they were done in 30 minutes or so. It was as if they were working on an assembly line, they had the process down. They had done this many times before. I asked if this was a common problem and they said yes, very common.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.