AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
when I checked out the 45TX IIRC remember seeing either indonesia or malaysia. the 49TX I think is made in japan. Denon is really the only manufacturer left who assembles stuff in Japan, which is much more expensive. They past that cost onto the customer too. With the exception of Harman, almost all receivers are Japanese designed

·
Registered
13,827 Posts
Quote:
Denon is really the only manufacturer left who assembles stuff in Japan, which is much more expensive.
My Denon AVR 3300 is made in Taiwan, I believe.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
My 45TX was built in Indonesia.

Sorny

·
Registered
622 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Fourseasons
Who designs the Harmans?
As far as I know they are still american designed, or maybe they've move it to China, I dunno. They were founded here anyway

As for Rotel, they were a Japanese founded company.

·
Registered
12,280 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Fourseasons
Who designs the Harmans?
Harman/Kardon are designed by development groups both in the USA and Korea... :cool:

·
Registered
12,280 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Will
Who designs Rotel receivers and B & K receivers?
Rotel AVR products are designed in Korea by group originally from the Sherwood/Haitai. And B&K are designed in the USA.. :cool:

·
Registered
761 Posts
B&K is designed near Buffalo, Ny. I thought Rotel was from England.

Daniel Smith

·
Registered
24 Posts
Anthem. I considered the Denon and the Pioneer but got an AVM20 and MCA50 for less than the retail of the Denon. I don't remember the price of the Pioneer. B&K is another company to consider. There are many others as well.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Rotel is an enigma to me. I've heard it has Japanese roots, but then I've heard that it has some connections to England/UK as well. God knows where their headquarters is based at. Even on my RMB-1095 manual it doesn't say.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Rotel was originally part of the Rank organization. An English company, (The name is Anglo-Saxon), they designed and marketed equipment for manufacture (largely) overseas, with components from all over.

Their belt-drive turntables from the '70's, however, were almost totally Japanese, in construction and character. (This was not a bad thing; mainstream British players were still grinding on with rim-drives.)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Denon's 1800 and 1600 receiver series and lower end DVD players are manufactured in China while 5803, 4802R, 3803 and 2803 receivers and higher end DVD players are made in Japan. Elite 47 and 49 are made in Japan while the 45, 43, 53, 55 series are made in Indonesia as are their lower end Pioneer receivers.

Personally, I prefers to buy electronics products made in Japan or the U.S. (No, I am not a Japanese). Most of the higher end models receivers, and digital cameras, etc with features that are not in the lower end modeld are made in Japan. There is no solid data about reliablity rating between products made in Japn vs. made in other Asian countries

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I have 49TXi made in Japan and 47Ai player made in Malaysia, and there is no REAL difference in BQ, in both it is really good. I will post some pictures a bit later.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Quote:
Rotel is an enigma to me. I've heard it has Japanese roots, but then I've heard that it has some connections to England/UK as well. God knows where their headquarters is based at. Even on my RMB-1095 manual it doesn't say.
Quote:
As for Rotel, they were a Japanese founded company.
Quote:
I thought Rotel was from England.
Quote:
Rotel AVR products are designed in Korea by group originally from Sherwood
I'm confused. Are the current Rotel pre/pro's from England? Or are they Korean? Or Japanese?

·
Registered
1,760 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I don't know. Maybe it's just me. But looking at those pages leaves more questions unanswered than answered about where Rotel pre/pro's come from. It's almost surreal.

Best,

Will

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.