Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I've got the following speakers...

Kef Q75 floorstanders fronts. 36hz-20khz

Kef Model 200 centre. 55hz-20khz

NHT HDP-2 dipoles sides. 57hz-20khz

B&W 601 rear surrounds. 70hz-20khz

Rel Storm Sub, crossed at max.

Processor is a Lexicon MC-1. Should I set to Large or Small for some of the speakers) or Small- and choose 40,80 or 120hz crossover...

I think this is best- please help if you think I've chosen the incorrect setting...

Q75's- small at 40hz.

200 - small at 40hz.

HDP-2- small at 40hz

B&W- small at 80hz.

Sub, 80hz

also do you think it's worth it to replace the Q75's with RDM two or RDM three's (to match the centre?)

Ta

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
With the possible exception of the Q-75s, based on the specs you listed, I would set the rest of the hi-pass outs to 80 Hz. There can be as much bad as good having overlapping frequencies being produced by multiple speakers.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I would try 80 Hz on all. You have a 12 dB cross with the MC-1, and you can get cascading issues with your speakers' natural rolloff and the cross from the Lex when set to 40 Hz on some of your speakers. Setup is reletively easy on the Lex, so you can experiment to see the impact of changes on music and video to see what you prefer. Room issues do have a bearing. I have set mine a bit different in this home compared to a previous house a year ago, yet the equipment is the same.

Enjoy,

Will

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.