AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking for a converter that does the following. Preferably all in one device ;-)

1) transforms component (up to 1080p) into HDMI

2) accepts digital audio with component

3) accepts HDMI input

4) has digital audio out, including the digital audio coming from the HDMI inputs

Your advice is appreciated!

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
Do you mean, will switch digital audio while you are using component for the video? Component is for video transmission only, it does not carry audio. Audio can be carried by a single digital cable, a single optical cable, normal analog interconnects, and HDMI.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Do you mean, will switch digital audio while you are using component for the video? Component is for video transmission only, it does not carry audio. Audio can be carried by a single digital cable, a single optical cable, normal analog interconnects, and HDMI.

Thanks for the reply. No, what I actually meant to point out is that instead of analog audio to accompany the component video, I'd prefer to use an optical or coaxial digital connection together with the component video. So the device should have digital audio input in conjunction with the component video. Does this clarify my question?

Paul

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
The iScan VP50 will do this with the exception of not taking 1080p analog input. (It accepts analog 1080i and 720p, though, as well as 1080p on an HDMI input.) You can pair any audio input with any video input.

I'm not sure if any current product accepts a 1080p component input. Anyone here know?

- Dale Adams

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
"4) has digital audio out, including the digital audio coming from the HDMI inputs"

If you mean S/PDIF digital output no device can do that and support all the audio formats that are possible on the HDMI input. HDMI can support 8 channels of 96/24 LPCM, S/PDIF can only handle 2.

Shawn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.