AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much discount can I expect when buying Energy speakers from Energy dealers? I am thinking of getting the Energy Encore or the C-7 and C-3s

Thanks

Ed

·
Registered
114 Posts
Somewhere in the neighbourhood of 15% is an achievable discount, but this ultimately depends on the retailers willingness to bargain.

·
Registered
556 Posts
My general rule of thumb is to offer 75% of the retail price (pre sale prices) on everything. Speakers or otherwise. Of course this is based on my doing all the research myself and the salesman basically having to do no work. I walk in and say "I want this and for this much" all the work they have to do is agree or come back with another price. If I actually use any of their time I usually offer 80%. I'll settle for 80% and 85% respectively if they come back with a higher amount, otherwise I walk. Of course cost on speakers is anywhere from about 50%-60% of retail so you can try for cost + 5% but who knows if you'll get it...

J.R.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Best of the best?!?!?

You are aware there are speakers in existance that cost more than an average detached home? Each. Two homes for a pair.

For their relative costs Energy makes some of the better speakers out there IMO. Hopefully that helps.

J.R.

·
Registered
61 Posts
yes the price seams up my alley, and they have them down the street from me. thinking about getting them with a svs sub and a 3803 denon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.