AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A co-worker who decided to drop the Dish Network offered to give me his receivers. I am a DirecTV subscriber with a Elliptical dish (two LNB's). Is it possible use that dish to receive both DirectTV and Dish programming? Are the sats close enough or can an oval dish only be aimed to hit one company's sats at a time? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
IIRC, you can get America's top 100 and about half of the movie channels. For the exact number go to Lyngsat .

Also, look over some of the diagrams at this site . It gives you many options of hooking up a hybrid system.

-Robert

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
As was just stated, check out the diagrams. But in short, yes you can. But aiming that antenna can be a bear!

Basically, if your antenna was pointed correctly in the first place, and hasn't been blown out of position by wind, you can get 101, 110, & 119 all on one dish. I have tried it and the pointing is the same for either service. BUT, if the lnbs are for Dishnetwork ("D" shaped), they won't fit in your elipitical dish. But the good news is that for the E* 110 position you use a regular D* lnb, as opposed to that expensive lnb that is needed when you use 110 on D*.

E* also has positions @61.5 and @148, which would require a 2nd dish.

You will also need an E* multi switch. Which one depends on how many receivers you want to subscribe and how many sat positions you want to use. You likely will want a pair of SW21 switches, assuming they are duel lnbs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.