AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off i see so many threads on 3D glasses, maybe we should get some sticky's going?

anyone have any inputs on dlp link glasses for a 4 year old?

My friend has Optoma's BG-ZD101 3D active shutter glasses and said they are definelty to big for his 3 year old

·
Registered
13 Posts
pretty much have the same question, anyone have any creative solutions for Kids using DLP Link? Bought 4 pair of the Viewsonic PGD-150s and they run way big on my little ones.

Saw someone in one of these threads made a hat/glasses combo
Any other suggestions? Or any DLP link glasses in Kids sizes?

·
Registered
539 Posts

·
Registered
5,965 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopLord /forum/post/19717315

I just showed my wife these and she loves 'em (loves pretty much anything pink). She's a very small person (4'9") so these are perfect for her. I'll get these for her birthday in a couple weeks (I got to make sure they're DLP Link first). I believe these glasses comes with both the blue and pink bezels.

http://www.bestseller3dhdtv.co.cc/nv...-compatible-tv

Or here:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+...=1218179702874

Cheaper price on Ebay - SSG-2200KR

Sorry, those are IR emitter based glasses. They will work on Samsungs new 3DTVs and Mitsubishi 3D-DLPs (with Mitsubishi emitter)

·
Registered
24 Posts
So any other options? I'm looking to keep everything DLP-Link, and as was pointed out above, these Samsung kids glasses are IR.

I've read there are issues using DLP-Link and IR glasses at the same time because their "trigger" is essentially flipped (i.e. their L/R signals are flipped somehow?) The Viewsonics allow you to push a button to flip it, so you could use those with other IR glasses, but no other DLP-Link glasses (I can find) have that feature, and I'm leaning towards the UltraClear DLP-Link.

Anyway....... I'll be sure to post if I find some DLP-Link glasses for kids.....

Mike W.

·
Registered
308 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldChain /forum/post/19746926

I've read there are issues using DLP-Link and IR glasses at the same time because their "trigger" is essentially flipped (i.e. their L/R signals are flipped somehow?) The Viewsonics allow you to push a button to flip it, so you could use those with other IR glasses, but no other DLP-Link glasses (I can find) have that feature, and I'm leaning towards the UltraClear DLP-Link.

Anyway....... I'll be sure to post if I find some DLP-Link glasses for kids.....

Mike W.

Use an in-line inverter for the Mitsubishi emitter. The Samsung kids glasses will then sync the same as any DLP Link glasses.

http://www.3dflightsim.com/product/product_01.htm

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
3D Heaven Ultra Clear glasses should fit kids fairly well.

Even I - an avid fan of active glasses 3D - I would not put any 3D glasses on a child younger than 4, though. I know nobody here has said that they would.

·
Registered
5,965 Posts
The problem with XpanD is that they are still focused on quantities for theaters, and the accessories still only come in bulk sizes. Not a lot of people need 20 nose pieces, or six sets of child's earpieces.

·
Registered
595 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
In another thread they mentioned they contacted them and were able to buy individual quantities. It wasn't for the child sizes though but i will give it a try.

Or how about we do our own powerbuy.

I need 2 pairs but will take 4. That's 96 pairs to go.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I emailed and am waiting for a response. I will update when I get more information.

·
Registered
5,965 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I emailed him and he said "in a couple of months". It should be noted that last year, he said he would be selling kid DLP link glasses after 01/01/2012.

It looks like unless we form a group to buy bulk from HK/China ourselves, we'll have quite a long time to wait.

I am looking for 4 pairs BTW.

·
Registered
50 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectdark /forum/post/21520906

if you guys can get something going, i would be interested in at least 2, and i just ordered 4 TrueDepth DLP Link glasses, if i could get 2 kids glasses that would be great

here is another link
http://www.tootoo.com/s-ps/pc-plasti...p-3265461.html

I'd be in for 2 for sure, maybe even 3 if the price is under $50 each. My son is begging to watch all of those kiddie movies.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.