AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum, but I keep hearing people talk about banana clips to connect their audio equipment.

I have an entry-level system and speakers. :)

What are they? Should I bother?

·
Registered
156 Posts
radarblip is correct. The way I would put it is that if you are not the type of person who would be inclined to upgrade audio equipment before it breaks, then banana plugs are probably not worth it. However, if your on the upgrade path, banana plugs are a VERY good thing. It beats the heck out of rubbing your fingers raw twisting and screwing in those damn copper wire threads.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Are the banana clips the same as test lead connectors used for plugging into volt,ohm,amp testers? The connectors look pratically identical.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hepcat - yes - Bannas plugs are popular type of connector in the electroinics world, especially for multi-meters, where you are always re-plugging them into different connector settings (e.g. amps vs voltage vs restistance).

I echo radarblips - if are only plugging them in once , it's not worth it, but if you are moving equipemnet around, or adding to it, it's worth the extra $2-$6 to keep your fingerprints.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I need some of these dual connectors as I am always doing something with my system. Can I still bi-wire with these?

·
Registered
303 Posts
And, I thought banana clips were used to keep bananas from going stale.:D

j/k

·
Registered
415 Posts
What do they do you ask? They save you a hell of alot of aggrivation IMOP but I guess if you spend thousands of dollars on equipment, whats another $50 to properly terminate all of your cable ends? I was originally not going to use them, but I've decided for ease of use and to complement my system I am going to purchase them.

cheers!

Wu-

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Hamm, yes, as long as the speaker terminals are spaced properly. Also, if you get stacking duals, you can use them at the amp end of your bi-wires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.