AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have now learned that the three component ins on the Samsung DLPs differ in the signals that they accept. One Accepts only 480i and 480p, and the other two accept 480p through 1080i.


This setup obviously limits or at least makes more difficult certain scenarios, such as playing a 720p game and using the 480i dashboard on an XBox.


What, if any, are the limitations on the GWII's component ins? How many are there, etc.


Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
407 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by motjes2
Two components. Both accept 480i, 480p, 720p & 1080i

One DVI input.
Does it run 720p natively or does it convert it ???


If so, does it 'upconvert' to 1080i ?


And if it does 'upconvert' is that not as good as a native 720p display ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Spooky
Does it run 720p natively or does it convert it ???


If so, does it 'upconvert' to 1080i ?


And if it does 'upconvert' is that not as good as a native 720p display ?
480i, 480p and 720p upconverts to 768p

1080i downconverts to 768p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
407 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by motjes2
480i, 480p and 720p upconverts to 768p

1080i downconverts to 768p
Thanks Sean.


Now does 'converting' result in any noticeable quality loss ??


Especially in the 1080i down conversion area????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Spooky
Thanks Sean.


Now does 'converting' result in any noticeable quality loss ??


Especially in the 1080i down conversion area????
I have not noted any loss of quality at all in any direction.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,723 Posts
Quote:
I have not noted any loss of quality at all in any direction.
I agree. I don't notice any quality loss either.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top