AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I would really appreciate some help here if possible please. I am getting a Samsung 5271 delivered on saturday to me. I will be hooking it up to dish network dvr. I also have a ps3 that I will be setting up for blu ray and gaming.

I am looking at getting a new Onkyo receiver also if a refurbished comes up this week. What cables do I all need to hook these all together? I was going to get 2 HDMI cables for PS3 and Dish. The guy tried telling me that since I have the 120 hz tv that I needed that cable and only 1 company makes that cable. Is this true?

What do I need to connect receiver in to the setup? Do I connect the cables to the receiver or to the tv? Sorry I am new to all of this. I wanted to order my cables from monoprice today so they will be here by saturday. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just setup my LNT5271 last night, with a dish network DVR. No, you do not need a special cable for 120hz. The new TV is able to accept HDMI 1.3, so I'd suggest just buying those cables now, rather than later. (but 1.1 and 1.2 HDMI cables will work just as well).

You will want to connect it like this (this is how I have it):

DVR- HDMI- Receiver

PS3 (if it has HDMI)- HDMI- Receiver

Receiver- HDMI- TV

1 - 3 of 3 Posts