AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a replay tv 2000 for almost six years now. This week it started freezing up, ironically, but maybe coincidentally, a few weeks after I attached a digital cable box. Anyway, is it worth fixing. If so, how. I am afraid I do not know one hard drive from another or how to install it. Questions...

1. If I can find someone to install it, what kind and size hard drive is recommended.

2. Is any formating necessary, or is it just poped in, closed, and go.

3. HELP!!!

Thanks...

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
1. A 120GB drive is best for a 2xxx.

2. You need to hook it up to a computer and run RTV_Patch, found at http://rtvpatch.sourceforge.net

3. That's what we're here for :)

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Of course, Broadway, it sounds like you wouldn't even know how to put a new hard drive into your PC. And that is sort of a prerequisite for putting a new drive into your Replay.

If you think you are at least capable of opening the Replay, disconnecting the the cables that attach to it (as well as some screws), and then putting a new drive right back in its place, try sending an email to Lizard Boy at "bgtees AT hotmail.com". This is one source for a drive that has already been "patched" with the Replay operating system and could simply be dropped into your exisiting machine.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
He did say he wanted someone else to *install* it for him, I thought :)

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
If you tell us your approximate location, there are people around here that don't mind a little drive to help a fellow Replayer.

Also, you can ship out your Replay to have someone swap the drive for ya.

And while I'm here. 6 years with the same drive, that must be some kind of record. I'm sure they were only designed to last 2-3 years. That's one heck of a good Replay.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ace987
And while I'm here. 6 years with the same drive, that must be some kind of record.
Especially when you consider the first ReplayTVs were released 4 years ago. :D

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by l8er
Especially when you consider the first ReplayTVs were released 4 years ago. :D
Wasn't around for the first unit. Guess that's why they say "Garbage In, Garbage Out" :)

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ace987
Wasn't around for the first unit. Guess that's why they say "Garbage In, Garbage Out" :)
Not sure what exactly was ment by this... about your comments or the quality of the replays? I'm guessing your comments were to your comments.

As to replayTV quality... I'll take quality of the the 3k line over the 4 and 5k lines any day.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I meant listening to Broadway1 saying he had his Replay for almost six years.

Guess you can't trust anything you hear on the net these days :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.