AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new to the forum so I'm probably asking something that has already been asked. My wife and I are building a new house and I would like some info on receiver/speaker setup. We are planning on having 5 inwall/ceiling speakers in the living room and 2 outside on the back patio. I would like to be able to listen to both zones separately if possible. Also there will be a tv outside that would be connected as well. What would be my best setup for this? Receivers, speakers, controls etc. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlin10  /t/1525762/what-do-i-need-and-what-would-be-the-best-receiver-speaker-setup#post_24566528

Hey guys, new to the forum so I'm probably asking something that has already been asked. My wife and I are building a new house and I would like some info on receiver/speaker setup. We are planning on having 5 inwall/ceiling speakers in the living room and 2 outside on the back patio. I would like to be able to listen to both zones separately if possible. Also there will be a tv outside that would be connected as well. What would be my best setup for this? Receivers, speakers, controls etc. thanks in advance.

Budget?

Listening preferences?

Room size?

Why in-walls?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Room size is 20x15. We re looking to spend around 2k. Not really set on wall mounted but figured that would be better than in ceiling speakers.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlin10  /t/1525762/what-do-i-need-and-what-would-be-the-best-receiver-speaker-setup#post_24574978

Room size is 20x15. We re looking to spend around 2k. Not really set on wall mounted but figured that would be better than in ceiling speakers.

Why in-walls or ceiling speakers?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's an open floor plan that is open to the kitchen the rear speakers will have to be either wall or ceiling as I'm not sure where else I could put them

·
Registered
1,592 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlin10  /t/1525762/what-do-i-need-and-what-would-be-the-best-receiver-speaker-setup#post_24575688

It's an open floor plan that is open to the kitchen the rear speakers will have to be either wall or ceiling as I'm not sure where else I could put them

Would bookshelf or towers be okay for the front three and maybe some wall mounted for the tears?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes that would be fine. I just want it to sound as good as I can without spending a fortune and be able to have a couple speakers outside that I can possibly listen to separately

1 - 7 of 7 Posts