Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...

Got the asus remote and IR receiver, and just ordered the Harmony 885,

Could someone explain usb-uirt and usb-ir in more depth?

Will my receiver be able to accept any codes or is it only able to accept the signals from that specific remote?

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
USB-IRT/USB-IR are IR recivers and transmitters built into one and are a great tool. However you need to have a peice of software that can control the device and I highly doubt the Asus software will work with it.

You would need something like Girder to use USB-IRT.

Now on to the Harmony 885, in order to use it with the Asus reciver you need to program the asus remote command into the Harmony remote, if your lucky someone has already done this and you can just do the online setup for it and it will be good to go, so once you get the harmoney remote programed you will still use the asus reciver and asus software to send the commands you want to control.

- Josh

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great, thanx

I will be using Girder...

Now if I want to program other keys (like key board short cuts) to remote keys, will the receiver pick up those custom ir commands or will I still need a USB-UIRT?

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr C
Great, thanx

I will be using Girder...

Now if I want to program other keys (like key board short cuts) to remote keys, will the receiver pick up those custom ir commands or will I still need a USB-UIRT?
That all depends on if Girder can read your Asus IR reciver which I dont know for sure.

- Josh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.