AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I got a wall mount from Ebay. The guy only included one screw, and nothing else, no manual or anything. Its a simple flat mount. So what all do I need besides these things:

Stud Finder

(7) more screws ?

Leveler

I havent seen this stand, it was delivered to my parents home. How does the plasma display connect to the mount? does it hang on screws, does it hook in?

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
You are going to need more than just screws. There are isolation bushings and spacers (all of a specific size, depending upon brand of mount). The frame that bolts to the back of the PDP uses metric bolts of specific size and length (4 @ m8 x 1.0[or 1.25?] by whatever length the manufacturer spec'd, I believe for Panny).

If you are lucky, it is a Peerless brand and you can go to their website and download specs, etc.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
It will be in two pieces: the one that goes on the wall and the one that goes on the back of the plasma. The wall part is pretty much obvious. Just be sure you use BIG lag screws directly into studs. However, as Brucer notes, the plasma part has to be mounted with EXACTLY the right bolts and spacers. Too long and you could break a circuit board inside the plasma. Too short and you won't have design strength.

One other note: be sure the wall itself is truly flat. I once tred to mount one of these on a wall that was slightly bowed out (not enough to see with a casual glance). The wall part of the mount took up a slight curve, so that you couldn't get all four of the "tongues" that connect the two halves to engage. Very frustrating until we figured it out and added washers to take the curve out of the wall half.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.