AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a guy here with a Sony Cineza Projector along with a 110" non-motorized screen of unknown brand which he claimed paid $7000 for in 2004. I'm not sure the model yet but I did a little research and found out the bulbs may be difficult to get.

Were there any "problematic models" from 2003-2005? Whats an older Cineza projector in need of a new of a bulb soon gonna be worth?

He wants a $1000 OBO for it but I have no idea if thats a good deal or not. I dont see many of them around on ebay or craigslist so its hard to know if I'm getting an OK deal or not.

Just looking for some feedback or what do I look for when buying a 5 year old projector?

I've never had one before.

· Registered
1,915 Posts
Run away. Run far away. This guy must know you know nothing about projectors. That thing is probably worth around $200 since it needs a new bulb.

A pull down screen for $7000? Never heard of that.

This guy does not seem like the type of person I would want to deal with.

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsmith808 /forum/post/15411311

Run away. Run far away. This guy must know you know nothing about projectors. That thing is probably worth around $200 since it needs a new bulb.

A pull down screen for $7000? Never heard of that.

This guy does not seem like the type of person I would want to deal with.

projector alone was apparently $7000, he says its on the original bulb. Screen is seperate but included for the price....

With my experience with PC-Based LCD projectors the lamp life is 800-2000 hours, which on a 4 year old projector with the original bulb I assume it will need to be replaced soon.

· Registered
5,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSEiYah /forum/post/15411231

There is a guy here with a Sony Cineza Projector along with a 110" non-motorized screen of unknown brand which he claimed paid $7000 for in 2004....

He wants a $1000 OBO for it but I have no idea if thats a good deal or not...

The VPL-VW12HT was Sony's top of the line in 2004 and was going for around that price but IIRC it was not a Cineza brand. The HS20 would be the Cineza in '04 but msrp was $3,500.

If you want to play around with a first pj either might be worth $125.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.