AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, the search engine is bogged down so forgive me if this has been talked about to death.

I've got a Dish 6000 receiver and am interested in looking into recording HD. What's the cheapest, easiest way to do that? What equipment do I need? (I'm not an electrical engineer, so please no suggestions about building a box on my own)

Or should I even bother?

·
Premium Member
12,972 Posts
You could start by posting your question in the proper forum. AVS has a special forum for HDTV recording. With the number of posts you have, I'm surprised you didn't know that. There you will find all the information you need plus the answer to your question numerous times.

------------------

Don Landis

Home Theater Pics at: www.scubatech.com Last updated 3/25/01

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Look at the description for this forum:

"For the talk about HDTV hardware from receivers to display devices. This also includes D-VHS and HDTV Recorders and OTA reception."

·
Premium Member
12,972 Posts
Obviously an oversight, hang over from before we had the special forum for HDTV recorders. I sent David Bott a notice on this, thanks. However, the forum name is bold and out front. If you want to learn about snow, better to ask someone in Alaska, not Panama. Common sense, ya know. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------

Don Landis

Home Theater Pics at: www.scubatech.com Last updated 3/25/01

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Geez, lighten up, Don. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/eek.gif

------------------

Mike Kobb

(Formerly "ReplayMike", but no longer affiliated with the company; these opinions are mine alone.)

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Geez. Glad I'm not a newbie or I might be offended.

My infinite apologies for not locating the special recording forum section. As sdf777 pointed out, the forum description seemed to point to recording as an option. After all, it would be considered HDTV hardware.

Thanks for making an example out of me. (a quick note to say "you might get a better response in the HD recording section" would have sufficed)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.